47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
England got to the final.
Very good achievement, why be negative.
This comment makes no sense.

I couldn't care less about England making the final, since I'm not English, which you clearly could tell by your Baseball comment

Nothing I said was negative. Phil had a poor tournament. What's wrong with saying that? I'm sure he'd admit it himself

Wish he showed a bit more self confidence when playing for England. His (positive) arrogance shone for us last season - demanding the ball and winning games on his own.

It’ll come.
I get the confidence thing but tbf he's been demanding the ball all tournament, the problem is Bellingham won't give it him. Phil is the best at controlling the ball in a tight situation and producing something from it. In the 1st half tonight he ran deep to RB and demanded the ball in a tight position with a Spanish player breathing down his neck. I think it might have been Saka passed to him and Foden promptly won a free kick. Clever play by Foden and it shows how he gets something from tight situations, it doesn’t have to be a Cruyff Turn or a stepover or whatever, winning a free kick can be just as good. Bellend and the rest of them underestimate what he can do. Give him the ball and he'll do something with it.

Feel really sad about fodens lack of impact in this euros because we've all seen week in week out that he's so much better than what he was able to show here. Proper let down.

This comment makes no sense.

I couldn't care less about England making the final, since I'm not English, which you clearly could tell by your Baseball comment

Nothing I said was negative. Phil had a poor tournament. What's wrong with saying that? I'm sure he'd admit it himself
He was a member of a team that played right through the tournament and they finished 2nd out of 36 teams.

Is that failure.

He was a member of a team that played right through the tournament and they finished 2nd out of 36 teams.

Is that failure.
I never said it was?

I'm just discussing Phil Foden's performances in the Phil Foden performance thread. I'll try not to make that mistake again in the future

Worked hard tonight in a team that wasn't able to get him on the ball in advanced positions.
Its been the tale of his tournament for the most part.
That said,he needs to take a look at his own game and see where he can improve for England.
No, he needs to look at how plays for City, it's great, I don't care how he plays for England, especially under an insufferable coach like Southgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.