47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
By his standards a poor tournament but factors come into play for that,the manager and players not up to the standard or wavelength that he’s used to at City ..let’s just say if foden was in the Spanish side they’d have won by 4 or 5 ..
No, 7 games and 0 goals/assists is a poor tournament by the lowest of low standards. he couldn't have had a worse tournament if he tried. all you've given are excuses, what do you mean players not up to standards? harry kane is not up to standards at city? bellingham? saka? rice? all players at some point or another we tried to get! bollocks.

at the start it was all "why isnt he playing centrally", then he was moved centrally and simply ran away from the ball every time. got into positions to make sure no one can find him, doesn't ask for the ball. no i'm sorry but phil's frankly shambolic tournament is on him

I don't care since I couldn't care less about england

By his standards a poor tournament but factors come into play for that,the manager and players not up to the standard or wavelength that he’s used to at City ..let’s just say if foden was in the Spanish side they’d have won by 4 or 5 ..
Phil looked poor chasing 2nd balls and being the only forward pressing. He should have come away from that tournament being talked about as one of the best players in the world (which he is).

Go home Phil and spend some time with your family. Put your feet up and recharge your batteries.

I love phil, I think he will go down as our best Ever player when he’s finished but we are allowed to call it out when he’s been poor. I know with Southgate it’s like playing with one leg chopped off but phil is good enough to grab the game by the bollocks and run the show but he’s been shite it’s just one of them and you can’t blame fans of other teams who don’t watch him week in week out asking for him to be replaced.

I'm really torn on this. He clearly didn't play to his best but Jeez his fellow players made it difficult for him. At his best in the pockets, receiving and giving short fast passes, there was nobody capable of feeding him or making the runs necessary to be fed by him. Time and time again you could see him creating space and Bellingham in particular wilfully ignoring the opportunities. What we did miss is his explosive dribble into dangerous areas. I think I saw it only once when his shot was cleared off the line. He will learn from this though and he is still young enough to have multiple future tournaments to show his best.

Let’s face it if Phil wasn’t a city player he would be getting pelters on here. He had a poor tournament. It’s ok we can say that. It doesn’t make us any less city fans or Phil foden fans.

He took numerous corners free kicks and his delivery was largely poor. I wonder if he lacks that arrogance to really be a truly elite player. With his ability he should be running the show but instead he just takes the ball and lays it off

Compare his demeanour to that of palmer or Bellingham I think that is what Phil is missing. There is no doubt for me Phil is more talented than those two but he seems to lack their arrogance which allows them to have huge moments.

Let’s face it if Phil wasn’t a city player he would be getting pelters on here. He had a poor tournament. It’s ok we can say that. It doesn’t make us any less city fans or Phil foden fans.

He took numerous corners free kicks and his delivery was largely poor. I wonder if he lacks that arrogance to really be a truly elite player. With his ability he should be running the show but instead he just takes the ball and lays it off

Compare his demeanour to that of palmer or Bellingham I think that is what Phil is missing. There is no doubt for me Phil is more talented than those two but he seems to lack their arrogance which allows them to have huge moments.
How many big goals has he scored for City in big games? Let's not have a Bluemoon pile on people the lad is class. He wasn't on his own having a under parr tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.