47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno, something's not right. Can't put my finger on it.
I feel that City fans expect every move/passage of play, to result in a wonderous goal.
No team in the history of football have ever done this, thankfully.
This unpredictability, keeps football as the most exciting sport.
I thought Phil was 7/10 tonight.
City played Doku & Nunez, who are pretty inexperienced in the Champs League and City's style of play.
Erling didn't score, which sometimes clouds the fact that he was provided by Phil (and others) with good chances.
Obviously, KDB is currently better than Phil as the chief provider of chances. KDB also scores wonder-goals that are very memorable.
I am still fully behind Phil and think that we should realise what a great talent he is...

Might be carrying a small injury? Maybe it's a precaution but I noticed in the training video from yesterday that he was the only player wearing tights (ooh-er missus)

Flatters to deceive sometimes, excels in spurts, has his magic moments then fizzles out of games, consistency is not there yet.

Will say though, he looks lightweight, easily muscled off the ball whereas Alvarez looks sturdy and fitter.

Thought he was extremely wasteful today, against one of the worst teams I've seen at the Etihad in recent years.

I can see why Pep doesn't trust him in the middle yet.
Care to elaborate on that?

According to Fotmob he created 3 chances(one big), missed one big chance(the header) and was dispossessed only once while completing 58/61 passes(95%)

For comparison Alvarez created 7 chances(no big chances), missed one big chance as well, and was dispossessed three times while completing 53/58 passes(91%)

Thought he was extremely wasteful today, against one of the worst teams I've seen at the Etihad in recent years.

I can see why Pep doesn't trust him in the middle yet.
Wasteful yes but still had a very solid game, was a threat throughout and constantly got into great positions just lacking the killer touch today.

I'd also disagree saying they were one of the worst sides to come to the etihad in years. They're limited, there's no doubt about that but I felt they put in a decent, respectable performance all things considered. Wasn't like they got twatted 7-0 like another team in our group the last time they played here.

Now teams know Phil is highly likely to start in the middle. So they study and target him more. Not every player can overcome this challenge. But I have faith in Phil. Bernado had this challenge as well.

I thought he played well. He was everywhere. Alright not everything worked and another night he could have had a hat trick and 2 assists... He's an incredible player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.