47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only criticism I have of Phil is his finishing, he needs to be scoring gilt edged chances like last night.

The only criticism I have of Phil is his finishing, he needs to be scoring gilt edged chances like last night.
Obviously he doesn't score as many goals as he has nowhere near as many shots, but he outperforms his xG by more than Haaland, which suggests his finishing is pretty good.

His finishing has certainly dropped a bit but he’s more than capable of rectifying that.
It was one of his biggest strengths when he burst on the scene, some of his goals have been due to sublime finishes. Hopefully not long before he gets that back.

Obviously he doesn't score as many goals as he has nowhere near as many shots, but he outperforms his xG by more than Haaland, which suggests his finishing is pretty good.
Not looked at his xG stats, but he still should be scoring those chances.

What's the issue? My issue is this.....

This is what Southgate and Pep are talking about. And at only 2-1 too

Did you record this yourself?

If so, it feels weird that you'd leave out the context of the situation, which was that less than 40 seconds before this, a defender goes over on his ankle and he is quite blatantly limping.

Did you record this yourself?

If so, it feels weird that you'd leave out the context of the situation, which was that less than 40 seconds before this, a defender goes over on his ankle and he is quite blatantly limping.
I didn't. I was sent it by a friend who sits next to me who saw me go mad at him last night at this moment. The ankle doesn't stop him from the initial sprint so that isn't an excuse.

This isn't a happy flowers forum. Phil needs to do more, particularly off the ball, in order to reach his potential. He will always be a very good player for us, but he needs to focus on what to do to become the best.

This isn't a negative, it's a reality. People need to take the blue specs off and have a look at what Pep and Southgate really mean regarding Foden's off the ball work.

He needs to learn
Ok I’ve taken my blue tinted specs of his positives still far outweigh his negatives hope that’s ok with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.