47 | Phil Foden - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Only other other option was a professional foul and a yellow card. The very fact he tracked him back good 40 yards is a proof he did the best in a given situation.

Some people wouldn't be happy until he gave out the half time oranges and cleaned the boots ;)

He's right, Phil just gave up

Again, he gets a knock half a minute before the counter attack. The only reason why he starts sprinting back is because Rodri and Nunes overcommit and are in Red Star's box and Phil reacts to the counter quicker than Alvarez does.

It would have been nice to see Phil hack the guy down and take a booking but the fact that he was running through pain to get back in the first place was nice. If Walker realised he'd taken a knock then I can guarantee he would have started sprinting back earlier rather than waiting for Phil to slow down.

There is a balance to everything and not everybody has to give him only praise.

I think the problem some people have is that people such as yourself latch onto small negatives in the immediate aftermath of a comfortable win and a great team performance.

The first comments I saw yesterday after full time were people complaining about Haaland, saying Doku is great on the left but can't play on the right and that the young kids were disappointing after they got subbed on.

Some of the criticism is justified but I feel like people confuse being relentlessly cynical with having a good understanding of the game. It's like being on a forum with a load of Andy Hinchcliffes at times.

Again, he gets a knock half a minute before the counter attack. The only reason why he starts sprinting back is because Rodri and Nunes overcommit and are in Red Star's box and Phil reacts to the counter quicker than Alvarez does.

It would have been nice to see Phil hack the guy down and take a booking but the fact that he was running through pain to get back in the first place was nice. If Walker realised he'd taken a knock then I can guarantee he would have started sprinting back earlier rather than waiting for Phil to slow down.
If you say so...

I think the problem some people have is that people such as yourself latch onto small negatives in the immediate aftermath of a comfortable win and a great team performance.

The first comments I saw yesterday after full time were people complaining about Haaland, saying Doku is great on the left but can't play on the right and that the young kids were disappointing after they got subbed on.

Some of the criticism is justified but I feel like people confuse being relentlessly cynical with having a good understanding of the game. It's like being on a forum with a load of Andy Hinchcliffes at times.
It was a win last night against a very poor side, I'm happy but you can't deny we had a few problems which you bet your bottom dollar Pep will be focusing on.

It was a win last night against a very poor side, I'm happy but you can't deny we had a few problems which you bet your bottom dollar Pep will be focusing on.

You're not Pep. Nobody is going to come knocking on your door when we need to replace him. You're a fan.

But if that's how you want to engage with your team then fill your boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.