5:2 diet

bammy blue said:
Lost some more this week, down to 18s 7lbs. That's a stone in 5 weeks! Well happy.....
I look forward to seeing your new lithe look on Monday Neil.

ManCitizens. said:
I lost 7Ibs in 2 and a half weeks. Since then I've put on 2Ibs, is this normal after starting training with weights?

Can be, depends on your build size and the amount of work you are doing (there are other with far better knowledge on this than me)

I am glad you are doing weights though, because in the long run it will help you lose more fat and keep it off, I see some fat people in my gym running on treadmills and cross trainers, really working out, but they never appear to be getting any slimmer

Gone from 85kg to 78kg in just 5 weeks. That's just over 1 stone. It probably would have been more but started back at the gym 4 weeks ago and definitely put on some muscle mass. Dropped 2 inches around my waist which means my old suit trousers fit me again....... result.

Danamy said:
bammy blue said:
Lost some more this week, down to 18s 7lbs. That's a stone in 5 weeks! Well happy.....

Nice one, keep up the good work bammy, what's your target/goal?

I don't know to be honest pal, keeping the targets small at the moment. My next one is 18 stone, that'll be one and a half off then.<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:24 am --<br /><br />
SWP's back said:
bammy blue said:
I look forward to seeing your new lithe look on Monday Neil.

Haha people say they can tell I've lost it, to me I just look the same!

Ducado said:
ManCitizens. said:
I lost 7Ibs in 2 and a half weeks. Since then I've put on 2Ibs, is this normal after starting training with weights?

Can be, depends on your build size and the amount of work you are doing (there are other with far better knowledge on this than me)

I am glad you are doing weights though, because in the long run it will help you lose more fat and keep it off, I see some fat people in my gym running on treadmills and cross trainers, really working out, but they never appear to be getting any slimmer

I like to think I'm not fat haha. On a serious note im 6"1 and have dropped from 18st to 16 in about 4 months doing insanity and now this. I cycle to work (5miles there and back) and have started doing weights. C25K is the next thing i'll be adding. I'll do another run of insanity in October. The fast days on 5:2 are easy imo, on the normal days I follow the inansity diet plan (40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat).

Re your second point, I don't necessarily want to lose weight, losing inches is my main goal.

I had both hips replaced when I was quite young and I've piled the pounds on since. I started slimming world about three months ago and I've lost 3 stone. No starving myself or killing myself in the gym, just eating sensibly and cutting out the shite and I've had a steady weight loss each week.

Week 1 - 8.5 lbs
Week 2 - 2lbs
Week 3 - 4.5lbs
Week 4 - 3lbs
Week 5 - 3.lbs
Week 6 - 3.5lbs
Week 7 - 3.5lbs
Week 8 - 3.5lbs
Week 9 - 3.5lbs
Week 10 - 3lbs
Week 11 - 5.5lbs

I want to get back to what I was before I had my hips replaced. I keep expecting the weight loss to slow down, and it will do. I should hit my target around Nov/Dec.

Thing is I quite like killing myself in the gym. Did the gym and then 1 1/2 hours of squash this morning and am buzzing of the endorphins right now.

However, great work stony, as I've said all along, it's finding the right thing for you and that's it. 5:2 works better than a diet for many as they don't have to watch what they eat each and every day and it aids lower cholesterol, blood pressure and lowers blood glucose levels. Things that a weight watchers/slimming world diet won't do. It's also long term. A lifestyle if you will and a piece of piss to adhere to as you're not counting calories or points every day.

But if you find something that works for you, then stick to it. Hope you continue to your desired weight mate.

Cheers mate, I think the reason that most people fail is that they think of it as a diet and when they hit their target they go back to being greedy cunts. I'm seeing it as a lifestyle change, I've accepted I can't eat the same crap I was eating before, and it's not really bothered me that much. I've never liked the gym, and I can't do much load bearing stuff anyway because of the hips. I have started to cycle a bit though.
Currently off the beer too and I haven't really missed that either, although I will be having a blow out when I hit target(13 stone)

ps. my blood pressure and cholesterol have always been pretty good, despite being a fat ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.