5:2 diet

Ducado said:
That's a great weight loss Stony well done

I was shamed into it. Son in law lost 7 stone and started doing marathons and tri-athlons. Dylan(my grandson) looked at his dads before and after pics and said the before pic was "grandad"
I didn't think I would take to it or find it this easy, and I'm genuinely surprised how easy it's been. I haven't been hungry at all. I do miss certain stuff like pies, cheese, crisps, but it's worth it in the long run. I was never fat as a kid/teenager/young adult and it was only ill health and a sedentary life that piled the pounds on. I wasn't too arsed when I started it, but I'm determined to get back to the weight I used to be. I'll probably still be classed as overweight, because I'm a couple of inches shorter than I used to be. But I've always been pretty broad shouldered and could carry an extra two stone without really looking that fat.

Hope I haven't cursed it now.

Interested in giving this a whirl. I assume when they say 'eat anything you want on the 5 days' they dont mean anything, figure I still need to keep it somewhat decent food wise.

Any example meal plans knocking about for the 2 fast days so I can get an idea what to look forward to? :D

TFC said:
Interested in giving this a whirl. I assume when they say 'eat anything you want on the 5 days' they dont mean anything, figure I still need to keep it somewhat decent food wise.

Any example meal plans knocking about for the 2 fast days so I can get an idea what to look forward to? :D

You should really read the Fast Diet book it's very good

But this link gives some good advice

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.clykks.net/interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clykks.net/interview</a>

Both my brothers have been doing this a few months. Then my mum and her husband started it. Anyway the upshot of it all is I've started today.
I've done slimming world before now, which I found very successful, however I went back to my old ways and the weight's been creeping back on. Can't afford to do that right now as things are getting a bit tight financially.
So having weighed myself this morning I'm 12st 13lb at a height of 5'6"
Just had an 89cal soup. Feeling hungry & irritable. Off to the shops to get something for my dinner tonight. Some cracking recipes available online.
Thanks for all the advice on here

AB, if you feel hungry on the 'fast days', easy enough to make up a big bowl of sugar free jelly (can stick a scoop of whey in if you want and some quark) and dip into that to stave off any hunger pangs, lime jelly and chocolate whey is good.

Ducado said:
TFC said:

You should really read the Fast Diet book it's very good

But this link gives some good advice

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.clykks.net/interview" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clykks.net/interview</a>
You on commission mate?

Dirty Harry said:
AB, if you feel hungry on the 'fast days', easy enough to make up a big bowl of sugar free jelly (can stick a scoop of whey in if you want and some quark) and dip into that to stave off any hunger pangs, lime jelly and chocolate whey is good.

Just bought some sugar free jelly. Making it up straight away. Ta

Hoping someone on here can help me

At the middle of July I decided I'd get into this thanks to some great contributions on this thread by other posters. I weighed 12 stone at the time and decided to limit my calories to 1200 per day rather than the 5:2 way.

Now nearly 5 weeks later I weigh 11.5 stone but seem to have hit a wall.. Don't seem to be losing anymore.. I run 3 miles one day a week, I walk 5 miles one day a week and play 5 a side on another day..

Regular days food consists of:

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - 75g white Rice, half a red Pepper and 2 eggs.

Tea - grilled chicken, steamed veg and potatoes (mash/roasted)

Just wondering how I can lose more weight, especially around my abs and improve my diet.. I see many things about avoiding all carbs, is that good or bad?

Cheers for any advice

Niall2407 said:
Hoping someone on here can help me

At the middle of July I decided I'd get into this thanks to some great contributions on this thread by other posters. I weighed 12 stone at the time and decided to limit my calories to 1200 per day rather than the 5:2 way.

Now nearly 5 weeks later I weigh 11.5 stone but seem to have hit a wall.. Don't seem to be losing anymore.. I run 3 miles one day a week, I walk 5 miles one day a week and play 5 a side on another day..

Regular days food consists of:

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - 75g white Rice, half a red Pepper and 2 eggs.

Tea - grilled chicken, steamed veg and potatoes (mash/roasted)

Just wondering how I can lose more weight, especially around my abs and improve my diet.. I see many things about avoiding all carbs, is that good or bad?

Cheers for any advice

I'd eat more for a start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.