5:2 diet

Niall2407 said:
Hoping someone on here can help me

At the middle of July I decided I'd get into this thanks to some great contributions on this thread by other posters. I weighed 12 stone at the time and decided to limit my calories to 1200 per day rather than the 5:2 way.

Now nearly 5 weeks later I weigh 11.5 stone but seem to have hit a wall.. Don't seem to be losing anymore.. I run 3 miles one day a week, I walk 5 miles one day a week and play 5 a side on another day..

Regular days food consists of:

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - 75g white Rice, half a red Pepper and 2 eggs.

Tea - grilled chicken, steamed veg and potatoes (mash/roasted)

Just wondering how I can lose more weight, especially around my abs and improve my diet.. I see many things about avoiding all carbs, is that good or bad?

Cheers for any advice

11.5 and you're complaining? I'd say (with fuck all knowledge but just going off I've read on here before) maybe your body has adjusted to the consistent diet and level of calories so maybe 5:2 will keep your body from a set routine?

ManCitizens. said:
I'd eat more for a start.

I've never been one for eating loads on meals. Used to eat over 2000 calories but mainly full of shit like chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks. Stopped all that and worked out my main meals come to around 1200 per day

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Niall2407 said:

At the middle of July I decided I'd get into this thanks to some great contributions on this thread by other posters. I weighed 12 stone at the time and decided to limit my calories to 1200 per day rather than the 5:2 way.

Now nearly 5 weeks later I weigh 11.5 stone but seem to have hit a wall.. Don't seem to be losing anymore.. I run 3 miles one day a week, I walk 5 miles one day a week and play 5 a side on another day..

Breakfast - Banana

Just wondering how I can lose more weight, especially around my abs and improve my diet.. I see many things about avoiding all carbs, is that good or bad?

Cheers for any advice

11.5 and you're complaining? I'd say (with fuck all knowledge but just going off I've read on here before) maybe your body has adjusted to the consistent diet and level of calories so maybe 5:2 will keep your body from a set routine?

His body is probably storing whatever energy it's given, even women are advised to eat more than 1200 calories per day. I'm sure SWP has already said he's lost inches/ weight despite eating 2400-3000 calories a day five days a week.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound like I was complaining about 11.5, more to do with toning up my abs. I could try 5:2 for a week and see what it does

Niall2407 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Sorry mate, didn't mean to sound like I was complaining about 11.5, more to do with toning up my abs. I could try 5:2 for a week and see what it does

i'm as big a non-expert as they come mate, I'd see what the guys say.

Niall2407 said:

Breakfast - Banana

Cheers for any advice

OK mate, well, Mancitizens and JMW are pretty much bang on really.

A few things you need to remember, the less you have to lose, the harder it is to lose it, and at your weight, you've lost a hell of a lot in a very short space of time, (and it won't be just fat you've lost there either).

This is a Marathon and not a sprint, what you've done in fat/weight-loss terms is akin to competing in that Marathon, and sprinting with all you've got for the first few hundred meters and wondering why there's very little left in the tank to go the rest of the way, you've hit it with everything you've got from the start with a very drastic and unhealthy diet, as well as a lot of exercise and left it with nowhere else to go.

Your body is only really interested in it's survival (which it is VERY good at doing), it likes to be in a comfortable position for survival regardless of what you want it to do (not to be confused with 'starvation mode' btw), when it senses it's having to work in a severely restricted environment (ie lack of nutrients + lots of output) for a sufficient amount of time it will start to do just that by doing things like slowing your metabolic rate down, re-partitioning of macro-nutrients etc via gluconeogenesis and triglycerides and suchlike.

So first off, ditch that diet mate, start to slowly introduce some lean protein sources, vegetables and some EFA's (essential fatty acids) like nuts/seeds, coconut oil, oily fish, if you want carbs other than vegetables then again, introduce them slowly, in small amounts at say breakfast and before and after training.

You will gain some weight for now, but much of it will be water weight, glycogen replenishment and a bit of lean muscle-mass returning because you've left it in a depleted state for the last 5 weeks or so, remember mate, SLOOOOOOOOWLY :-), hope that helps.

I seem to be losing inches weight loss has slowed this week mainly because my non fasting days have been a bit out of hand, but I have been working hard at the gym

Right chaps how we all doing on this? not done a fast day for nearly 2 weeks now due to been away for a week on holiday and getting back on a thursday (or start of the weekend!!!). Going to get back at it tomoz, gained some weight while i was away so i'm now back up to 18s 11lbs. Not got any interruptions coming up so i'm looking at a solid run up to the dreaded Christmas period, might be a big target but i'm looking to be 17 stone the week before christmas starts!

I'm still doing the slimming world diet. Lost another three and a half pounds this week which takes me to a total loss so far of 52lb in 13 weeks.

I got the shits the other day a virus I picked up from baby daughter via nursery lost 3 pounds in a day, wouldn't recommend it, felt like I was back in Egypt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.