5:2 diet

I understand that so thats what I am asking, could I fast on the tuesday and thursday?
or would it still harm my body for the workout days?

CTID101 said:
I understand that so thats what I am asking, could I fast on the tuesday and thursday?

I don't see why not as long as you're fueling your body correctly on your workout days?

Danamy said:
CTID101 said:
Hi fellas.
Thinking of starting this but just wondering if anyone here does this and goes to the gym to do weights etc.

I currently train 3 days a week, mon-wed-fri.

So when would people recommend I do the fast days?
or is it just not recommended at all?

Also, any more meal ideas for the fast days? I saw someone had chicken and veg which is something I would probably have as my house is full of it!

I'm no expert but i wouldn't imagine lifting heavy weight on a fasting day to be a good idea, especially when your looking for maximum strength?

Maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong?
If he trains first thing it isn't too bad.

If he is training in an afternoon/evening then doing so on non fasting days is easier.

I have trained weights and also done a full pre-season 2 hour rugby session on fasting days and it just makes it harder work than it need be.

I'm going to embark on this after the weekend. I'm now the heaviest I've ever been in my life. (Hit the 20st mark, at 6' 2")

I like the idea of a Friday weigh-in on here or something - even just updates from people who are doing this - it might act as motivation for some people.

CTID101 said:
Oh no mate, you'll be fine.

I'm currently doing weights 4 days a week, rugby twice and still going for a run (only about 3 mile) every morning and it's not been an issue.

I fancy giving this a go. I have done various diets in the past and have been told to avoid coffee. However, I drink a lot of it at work (with sweetener) and was wondering if anyone knows whether caffeine has a negative effect on this diet?

minimalistic said:
I fancy giving this a go. I have done various diets in the past and have been told to avoid coffee. However, I drink a lot of it at work (with sweetener) and was wondering if anyone knows whether caffeine has a negative effect on this diet?
No have as much as you like.

But black on fast days.

BigJimLittleJim said:
bammy blue said:
SWP's back said:
Mate having seen your chinese lunches on facebook (jealously), just knocking that sort of thing on the head will help immensely. That and cutting out booze during the week.

Haha that was a one off pal! Yeah the call of the carling is a big one for me, just ain't got anything better to do in the evenings so I go for a few (6-7) pints a night, verging on pisscan status there I know.....

Dude,
you're not verging on pisscan status, you ARE well into into it. You're an alcoholic by any definition, and you need to knock it on the head seriously.
However, it is easy to see where you can gain massive health benefits straight away - by substituting the alcohol for low calorie drinks such as sparkling water, you'll lose fucking loads of weight, sleep better, have more money in your pocket, live longer, feel a million times better etc..etc..
The one thing I would advise is go see your doctor before going cold turkey - he will probably get you to see the Nurse regularly to discuss diet and so on, which you should do - I did, and it shamed me into getting my shit together, and was informative too.
At 5'9" tall, you could well have a target weight of say 11 stone, which means you're carrying nearly another person's weight around on you that you can lose- imagine how fantastic and light you'll feel once it's off!!

Best of luck and let us know how you're doing.

Cheers for the words pal, gona start cutting back on the ale from monday. To be honest I can take or leave the booze, I never wake up thinking I could do with a beer or owt daft like that, its just when I go out it always seems to involve quite a few pints. Anyway looking forward to this, maybe posting the results on a Friday will help to encourage myself to lose some poundage, abit more of a challenge! Downloaded the my fitness pal app to help count what I'm eating also, looks quite useful.

bammy blue said:
BigJimLittleJim said:
bammy blue said:
Haha that was a one off pal! Yeah the call of the carling is a big one for me, just ain't got anything better to do in the evenings so I go for a few (6-7) pints a night, verging on pisscan status there I know.....

Dude,
you're not verging on pisscan status, you ARE well into into it. You're an alcoholic by any definition, and you need to knock it on the head seriously.
However, it is easy to see where you can gain massive health benefits straight away - by substituting the alcohol for low calorie drinks such as sparkling water, you'll lose fucking loads of weight, sleep better, have more money in your pocket, live longer, feel a million times better etc..etc..
The one thing I would advise is go see your doctor before going cold turkey - he will probably get you to see the Nurse regularly to discuss diet and so on, which you should do - I did, and it shamed me into getting my shit together, and was informative too.
At 5'9" tall, you could well have a target weight of say 11 stone, which means you're carrying nearly another person's weight around on you that you can lose- imagine how fantastic and light you'll feel once it's off!!

Best of luck and let us know how you're doing.

Cheers for the words pal, gona start cutting back on the ale from monday. To be honest I can take or leave the booze, I never wake up thinking I could do with a beer or owt daft like that, its just when I go out it always seems to involve quite a few pints. Anyway looking forward to this, maybe posting the results on a Friday will help to encourage myself to lose some poundage, abit more of a challenge! Downloaded the my fitness pal app to help count what I'm eating also, looks quite useful.
Best of luck Neil, give me a buzz if you need any pointers or anything mate.

Would this be ok to do with Insanity or am I best off waiting until I've finished? Once I've finished I'm planning on doing weights Mon-Wed-Fri C25k Tue-Thur-Sat + cycling to work Mon-Thur (about 12km there and back).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.