5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

It is scary how it's gone. By the time I'd got to Spurs tickets all was left behind for groups was pitchside behind the goal in the fam stand - and £70's a rich for two schoolboys to see Son give us mither from there... But the Cat C prices this season are a chink of light. And with Fulham, Palace, Brighton and Brentford all in the diary, it's the closest my two will get to experience what it was like when we were shit!
The gallows humour was what it was all about mate and in some ways I miss that. The atmosphere was substantially better then too. In some ways I do think this generation are missing out. Whether they are aware of it or don't even care I'm not too sure.
I don't miss the constant piss taking by dipper and rag mates mind you and practically being the only blue in the school but unlike them I was going to games and had more of an affinity with my club.
I just wish current season ticket holders would make use of their tickets as the last few weeks have demonstrated there's blues missing out who want to be there and it looks terrible. Trying to explain the reasoning behind the majority of the empty seats to opposing fans is a losing battle.

Not too happy with the 5 at home rule, considering I had Leeds, United, Liverpool, Villa all at home and Liverpool in the cup at Wembley.

Paying in the excess of £400 to watch the likes of Brentford feels a bit unjust. Hopefully it isn’t the same rule for the CL and will hold out to see who we get in the group

Jesus. Even Palace at home has mostly just singles left.
There’s a block of tickets below me in 130 just appeared, about 30+ maybe they’re holding some back to encourage a pile on in other games, some proper skullduggery going on this season

The gallows humour was what it was all about mate and in some ways I miss that. The atmosphere was substantially better then too. In some ways I do think this generation are missing out. Whether they are aware of it or don't even care I'm not too sure.
I don't miss the constant piss taking by dipper and rag mates mind you and practically being the only blue in the school but unlike them I was going to games and had more of an affinity with my club.
I just wish current season ticket holders would make use of their tickets as the last few weeks have demonstrated there's blues missing out who want to be there and it looks terrible. Trying to explain the reasoning behind the majority of the empty seats to opposing fans is a losing battle
I remember my first game and the atmosphere at Maine Road being overwhelming. Intimidating at the age I was. But I also remember Earl Barrett running rings round us and going home deflated!

But yeah, seat hoarding is a reality, it's not great. But I do understand why people keep a towel on the sun lounger as it were - and it comes down to what it costs to NOT have a season ticket. Whether that's paying hand over fist, or not getting to see the matches they really want to see.

And its a bit of Catch- 22, because long as tickets stay high, the matchday fanbase stays relatively small. But as long as the matchday fanbase is small, the money men can justify charging what we charge because it doesn't affect enough fans for there to be outrage.

So you end up with a situation where once someone has an ST, they might as well hold onto it whether they can make 19 games or not. If I'm honest though - if I had to ban one thing, I'd probably ban early leavers before no-shows because ticket prices are a bigger excuse than Mcr traffic - but no disrespect to anyone who really needs to shoot!

Try once more...

If anyone's not going to United or Liverpool or both at home and wants to still get points on their card, I will happily use it to go with mine. I can get one on my membership but not on my wifes.

Thanks, and will buy anyone who can help a drink at Bournemouth at home.

I remember my first game and the atmosphere at Maine Road being overwhelming. Intimidating at the age I was. But I also remember Earl Barrett running rings round us and going home deflated!

But yeah, seat hoarding is a reality, it's not great. But I do understand why people keep a towel on the sun lounger as it were - and it comes down to what it costs to NOT have a season ticket. Whether that's paying hand over fist, or not getting to see the matches they really want to see.

And its a bit of Catch- 22, because long as tickets stay high, the matchday fanbase stays relatively small. But as long as the matchday fanbase is small, the money men can justify charging what we charge because it doesn't affect enough fans for there to be outrage.

So you end up with a situation where once someone has an ST, they might as well hold onto it whether they can make 19 games or not. If I'm honest though - if I had to ban one thing, I'd probably ban early leavers before no-shows because ticket prices are a bigger excuse than Mcr traffic - but no disrespect to anyone who really needs to shoot!
First City game was Colin Cowperthwaite's testimonial (Barrow's all-time leading goalscorer and appearance holder). I used to live on the same street as him. He was that grateful towards the club and Niall Quinn he named his youngest son Niall. Didn't really start going to Maine Road regularly until the Royle days.
I'm not a fan of either but you'd think the early leavers would learn their lesson after Wembley 99, Aguero 12 etc. If I travel a few hours to go and watch them I want to see the full 90 minutes myself.
By all accounts it's easy to list tickets on the exchange so don't know why this isn't done by some. Obviously not everybody can get to every game so you'd think they'd just list them if they cant make it. Maybe a top 5 ticket is worth exploring if that is all some are interested in?!! Can't understand it myself as I'd rather watch us play on three occasions for the price of one. I like the cup games too as you know the game itself matters (barring possibly a dead rubber in the group games of the CL). I would much rather watch that than a league game against Spurs.

Not too happy with the 5 at home rule, considering I had Leeds, United, Liverpool, Villa all at home and Liverpool in the cup at Wembley.

Paying in the excess of £400 to watch the likes of Brentford feels a bit unjust. Hopefully it isn’t the same rule for the CL and will hold out to see who we get in the group

Don’t even mention CL having similar 5 game criteria. I’ve booked flights that allow me to watch group rounds 3,5 & 6 , and home/away Qtr finals :O … if they block me from these then …. ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.