5 home games 21/22 to be able to buy a ticket for United game !?

Leeds Utd are going down the digital ticket route we introduced last season but you can only transfer tickets to people who’ve bought a £75 membership. Unlike our free Cityzens numbers

Last edited:
I logged on Thursday morning and managed to get tickets for me and the lad for the first game, last game, United and Liverpool. Also bought Palace, Forest and Spurs. This means I’ve bought every home game until Southampton on October 8th.

I planned to buy tickets for the others a few months before. So I’d buy the October games in July. The November games in August etc.

However I’ve just logged on to see how tickets are selling and they’re going quickly. Probably going to have to rethink this now, may have to try and find the money to buy the rest upfront.

I understand the club want to create a scramble for tickets but releasing all home games in July makes it difficult for people who want to attend every game. Paying match day prices for 19 home games at once in July is a lot of money. Then I’ll still have to factor in CL and CC games too, this side of Christmas.

Feel really fortunate that I only have on child to take. God knows how a family of 3 or 4 cope in this situation.

Maybe with the club encouraging people to spend season ticket type money on individual games before the season even starts, it may consider offering a direct debit in the future, say to anyone spending, I dunno, £300 or more, before a certain date before the first game?

As long as they’ve always paid more than what they’ve used, I don’t see why it couldn’t be offered?

Maybe it’s something the guys on the fans committee might think is worth asking about for next season?

I logged on Thursday morning and managed to get tickets for me and the lad for the first game, last game, United and Liverpool. Also bought Palace, Forest and Spurs. This means I’ve bought every home game until Southampton on October 8th.

I planned to buy tickets for the others a few months before. So I’d buy the October games in July. The November games in August etc.

However I’ve just logged on to see how tickets are selling and they’re going quickly. Probably going to have to rethink this now, may have to try and find the money to buy the rest upfront.

I understand the club want to create a scramble for tickets but releasing all home games in July makes it difficult for people who want to attend every game. Paying match day prices for 19 home games at once in July is a lot of money. Then I’ll still have to factor in CL and CC games too, this side of Christmas.

Feel really fortunate that I only have on child to take. God knows how a family of 3 or 4 cope in this situation.
For most More always will become available a few weeks ahead of the games

The whole buy in one go is a shambles, the whole point of being just a member is cause you cant affo a season ticket.

if you’re buying tickets for home games against Spurs,Arsenal,Leeds,Chelse,United, Liverpool you may as well buy a season ticket

They shouldn't be allowed to put the tickets on for sale until the time and date is confirmed.

The whole buy in one go is a shambles, the whole point of being just a member is cause you cant affo a season ticket.

if you’re buying tickets for home games against Spurs,Arsenal,Leeds,Chelse,United, Liverpool you may as well buy a season ticket
Not necessarily, but I agree it is a shambles though. People want the freedom of going on a match by match basis. Some don't know where they are going to be in a few weeks time never mind 9 months away. That puts people off having a season ticket but the way they do it now there's an expectancy people know their wherabouts despite games being moved for tv and cup games the best part of a year away. This is possibly another solid contributor to the empty seat situation too?!!!
As I said previously there's no benefit to the usual match goer doing it like this. Unless you have a lot of expendable income to burn up front at the beginning of the year and would ideally have a season ticket or to cherry pick the big games (to lock all those in) there isn't an upside.
To the club it just makes things easier releasing them all at the same time as its less work and can adjust things if demand is low, increase hospitality etc. They also get all the money up front and not staggered throughout the season. Unfortunately they hold all the aces.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.