52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a supreme talent. His movement, vision, control and weight of pass mark him out, for me, as potentially a top player in our first team. I have watched him for a long time and what he is doing in the first team is what he did in the academy. Making that transition seem so natural is a very rare quality.

Last edited:
I've already mentioned what technique actually is and never said a thing about either of those things.

To say that Odegaard is better technically than Foden is borderline ridiculous. I mean, are you Norwegian? That would at least explain such a mental take.
Odegaard like David Silva, Bernie and KDB can play anywhere in the midfield role, Phil can't. In terms of being a midfielder technicality not goals is what counts. I think things like playstation Fifa ratings might have contributed to this madness of labelling a player as the best technically. In reality it's totally different.

Odegaard like David Silva, Bernie and KDB can play anywhere in the midfield role, Phil can't. In terms of being a midfielder technicality not goals is what counts. I think things like playstation Fifa ratings might have contributed to this madness of labelling a player as the best technically. In reality it's totally different.

I'm lost. I have no idea really what you're rambling about. Technique is first touch. How you move with a football. Your control. Odegaard is a great player no doubt but he doesn't do any of those things better than Foden in any shape or form.

I'm lost. I have no idea really what you're rambling about. Technique is first touch. How you move with a football. Your control. Odegaard is a great player no doubt but he doesn't do any of those things better than Foden in any shape or form.
Rambling? Ok, more rambling coming in.

Like I said a midfielder's role is to bring balance and control to the team. There's a reason Pep uses Phil wide. I hate to do the comparison thing but I had to bring up the stats for this one.

Notice the touches, ball recovery, passes attempted, passes completed and the forward passes. This IS the job of a technically gifted midfielder. As time goes on Phil would most likely evolve into this role but for now he is not the best technically gifted midfielder why? Because he is yet to become the "complete" midfielder that Dave was and Kdb is for us at the moment. It's not a matter of opinions and it's doesn't make me a rag for making this observation.

Back to Oscar

matrix.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.