52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are literally 16 touches worth of difference, and 9 ball recoveries difference between them?

I'm confused as to what you're point is...
The point is Odegaard is more of a complete midfielder in the traditional sense of what a midfielder is, one that can play across the midfield similar to David Silva,Kdb and Bernie. While at the moment Phil is a dynamic and brilliant wide player. Many have called on Pep to play him more centrally but there's a reason why Pep hasn't given much consideration to those calls. Phil would grow into that player soon but not yet. So this talk of being the most technically gifted midfielder in the club needs to be put to rest for now. Its ridiculous

He's a supreme talent. His movement, vision, control and weight of pass mark him out, for me, as potentially a top player in our first team. I have watched him for a long time and what he is doing in the first team is what he did in the academy. Making that transition seem so natural is a very rare quality.
Like you, elated that people are now seeing it. Yes, it’s easy to wax lyrical about youth players when they play at EDS level but he played with maturity at that level. Never rushed, picked his moments and composure in spades.

Wait… Foden is not technically gifted enough to play in the traditional midfield role….! Wow. Rarely have I heard such bollocks. I assume you are new to football. Either that or you are in the wind up..
Totally new to Football mate. I guess those of us who share the same opinion as Pep need some more time to understand the beautiful game.

Totally new to Football mate. I guess those of us who share the same opinion as Pep need some more time to understand the beautiful game.
I’m all for people having their own opinions but this is genuinely bizarre

The reason Pep doesn't play Foden in midfield has nothing to do with technical ability but with decision making. Foden doesn't have enough experience in midfield and makes some mistakes, which the likes of Gundogan and Bernie don't. Foden is maturing, though, and his decision making will improve with more experience in midfield. He was excellent today.

Wait… Foden is not technically gifted enough to play in the traditional midfield role….! Wow. Rarely have I heard such bollocks. I assume you are new to football. Either that or you are in the wind up..
I mean Sir Gareth of Waistcoat did say recently that Foden ‘couldn’t play centrally’ which is why he’s parked out wide internationally. Now obviously he’s not exactly some football savant but it’s not like it’s not a view some in football hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.