52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rambling? Ok, more rambling coming in.

Like I said a midfielder's role is to bring balance and control to the team. There's a reason Pep uses Phil wide. I hate to do the comparison thing but I had to bring up the stats for this one.

Notice the touches, ball recovery, passes attempted, passes completed and the forward passes. This IS the job of a technically gifted midfielder. As time goes on Phil would most likely evolve into this role but for now he is not the best technically gifted midfielder why? Because he is yet to become the "complete" midfielder that Dave was and Kdb is for us at the moment. It's not a matter of opinions and it's doesn't make me a rag for making this observation.

Back to Oscar

View attachment 102800
There are literally 16 touches worth of difference, and 9 ball recoveries difference between them?

I'm confused as to what you're point is...

Rambling? Ok, more rambling coming in.

Like I said a midfielder's role is to bring balance and control to the team. There's a reason Pep uses Phil wide. I hate to do the comparison thing but I had to bring up the stats for this one.

Notice the touches, ball recovery, passes attempted, passes completed and the forward passes. This IS the job of a technically gifted midfielder. As time goes on Phil would most likely evolve into this role but for now he is not the best technically gifted midfielder why? Because he is yet to become the "complete" midfielder that Dave was and Kdb is for us at the moment. It's not a matter of opinions and it's doesn't make me a rag for making this observation.

Back to Oscar

View attachment 102800

I genuinally don't know what you're doing. You're now comparing two completely different types of players who don't play in the same position and have completely different strengths to each other. Very weird. I don't care how much Odegaard runs, shoots or farts.

I'll say no more. Other than "Technique" wise, Foden is not second to Odegaard in any dimension.

I literally don't know what you're doing. You're now comparing two completely different types of players who don't play in the same position and have completely different strengths to each other. Very weird.

I'll say no more. Other than "Technique" wise, Foden is not second to Odegaard in any dimension.
They don't play in the same position, you are totally right on that but like I said earlier on there is a reason Pep prefers playing Phil wide. He is not yet technically gifted enough to play in the traditional midfield role. So you saying he is our most technically gifted midfielder is a mistake that you made one that I can only assume was influenced by silly ratings from Playstation video games. Phil isn't second to Odegaard in anyway...other than technique wise.

Last edited:
They don't play in the same position, you are totally right on that but like I said earlier on there is a reason Pep prefers play Phil wide. He is not yet technically gifted enough to play in the traditional midfield role. So you saying he is our most technically gifted midfielder is a mistake that you made one that I can only assume was influenced by silly ratings from Playstation video games.

You're talking out of your arse. But still, happy new year!

Tempo upped massively when he came on as did our threat and intent to create and score. Quickly making himself harder and harder for Pep to ignore.

When we have a combination of 2 from grealish foden and bernardo on both flanks, we don't get any penetration from wide, it's all played one way, inside and makes us quite predictable. When at least one of those flanks has a doku or now a Bobb, we look immediately more dangerous.

Surely a certain start in the cup and a good performance could earn him a well deserved league start before January is over.

They don't play in the same position, you are totally right on that but like I said earlier on there is a reason Pep prefers play Phil wide. He is not yet technically gifted enough to play in the traditional midfield role. So you saying he is our most technically gifted midfielder is a mistake that you made one that I can only assume was influenced by silly ratings from Playstation video games. Phil isn't second to Odegaard in anyway...other than technique wise.
Wait… Foden is not technically gifted enough to play in the traditional midfield role….! Wow. Rarely have I heard such bollocks. I assume you are new to football. Either that or you are in the wind up..

They don't play in the same position, you are totally right on that but like I said earlier on there is a reason Pep prefers play Phil wide. He is not yet technically gifted enough to play in the traditional midfield role. So you saying he is our most technically gifted midfielder is a mistake that you made one that I can only assume was influenced by silly ratings from Playstation video games. Phil isn't second to Odegaard in anyway...other than technique wise.

He hasn’t liked him in the middle due to his game understanding, not that he isn’t technically gifted enough.

He’s also said by the middle he eventually wants him to be able to play slightly further back too, as Silva and De Bruyne used to for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.