52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason Pep doesn't play Foden in midfield has nothing to do with technical ability but with decision making. Foden doesn't have enough experience in midfield and makes some mistakes, which the likes of Gundogan and Bernie don't. Foden is maturing, though, and his decision making will improve with more experience in midfield. He was excellent today.
Excellent post. Read through my previous comments and you would clearly see where I mentioned that he is yet to become the complete midfielder because he lacks experience in that role. He is more suited to an attacking midfield role while the likes of Kev, David and Bernie can play both the attacking and central roles. Can't believe how some here would say he is the most technically gifted in the team when we still have Bernie and Kev here. Fucking ridiculous

Thinking Phil is the most technically gifted player in the team is totally insane and completely stupid and what I'd expect from someone who just started watching football about 5 years ago
Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't, but to say it's 'totally insane and completely stupid' is silly. He's certainly up there at the top.

Thinking Phil is the most technically gifted player in the team is totally insane and completely stupid and what I'd expect from someone who just started watching football about 5 years ago
I didn’t say Foden is the most technically gifted player in the team. I took issue with the rest of the shit you spouted. Ie Foden is not technically gifted enough to play in the traditional midfield role. This is clearly bollocks.

Excellent post. Read through my previous comments and you would clearly see where I mentioned that he is yet to become the complete midfielder because he lacks experience in that role. He is more suited to an attacking midfield role while the likes of Kev, David and Bernie can play both the attacking and central roles. Can't believe how some here would say he is the most technically gifted in the team when we still have Bernie and Kev here. Fucking ridiculous

When asked who is the most skilful player in the team, both Bernie and Rodri said Foden. Even if he isn't the most technically gifted player, he is close. He is a phenomenal talent.

Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't, but to say it's 'totally insane and completely stupid' is silly. He's certainly up there at the top.
He is technically superb, his first touch is brilliant and for me he is the best in the team technically as he brings something different to us than Bernie and Kev. But he needs to be stronger than he is at the moment, sometimes he is pushed off the ball too easily, that will come with time. He also at times needs better decision making. He will get both of these things as he matures and gets older.

When asked who is the most skilful player in the team, both Bernie and Rodri said Foden. Even if he isn't the most technically gifted player, he is close. He is a phenomenal talent.
Its pretty much the same way most Barcelona players would say Messi is the best to ever do it but those same players would be quick to point out the fact that Messi wouldn't be able to do what Iniesta does in the midfield (You only have to look at the few games Messi played alongside Veratti in PSG to see that for yourself, total disaster-class).

Being a skillful player is a gift on its own but becoming a midfielder with the ability to control play and bring about balance in the midfield is a technical ability that comes with time and a dedication to playing that role. Phil would most likely evolve into that role or like Messi his career might just end up with him being restricted to the attacking midfield role. Doesn't take anything from his ability but to suggest he can bring what Kev and Bernie bring to the team right now is rather premature. He's not there yet and Pep knows. You'd need more than skills in your bag. It's the same reason Leroy isn't mixing it up in the midfield, it's not all about skills.

Worth just listening to the goal and not watching it. You can hear a collective ‘oooh’ from the Colin Bell stand as Bobb makes that pass. Rare to hear appreciation like that. Think de Bruyne had one similar (amongst others) when he threaded it through for Gundogan’s first ever City goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.