52 | Oscar Bobb - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is Odegaard is more of a complete midfielder in the traditional sense of what a midfielder is, one that can play across the midfield similar to David Silva,Kdb and Bernie. While at the moment Phil is a dynamic and brilliant wide player. Many have called on Pep to play him more centrally but there's a reason why Pep hasn't given much consideration to those calls. Phil would grow into that player soon but not yet. So this talk of being the most technically gifted midfielder in the club needs to be put to rest for now. Its ridiculous
You're comparing Odegaard to KDB,Silva and Bernie, you must be on something, Real Madrid don't get rid of "technically ' good players!

There's a lot of off topic crap on this thread now, maybe discuss Foden's abilities in his thread?

Bobb was class. He is class. He needs starts or he'll end up getting frustrated and we'll lose him. He could potentially become that good that he plays his whole career at City, along with Lewis and Foden.

His positional sense on the left was great, lots of movement and rotations with other players. Fitted right in.

There's a lot of off topic crap on this thread now, maybe discuss Foden's abilities in his thread?

Bobb was class. He is class. He needs starts or he'll end up getting frustrated and we'll lose him. He could potentially become that good that he plays his whole career at City, along with Lewis and Foden.

His positional sense on the left was great, lots of movement and rotations with other players. Fitted right in.
Bobb on.

He should be starting some games now for me. He has everything to make it in this team.

Not to take anything from Phil but I wouldn't call him the most technically gifted in our team or in the league. It's Kev and Bernie at the moment and then Odegaard.
I'm not so sure. Kev and Bernie are probably better overall players, but they've got 9 and 6 years more experience - and as a result a much better awareness of how to apply their skills.

In terms of pure technical ability, Kev's long passing, and long range shots are better, but Foden's control over the ball, and one touch passes in tight spaces, are already a step above. I would argue he stands out for genuine, 'what the fuck has he just done' moments even in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.