7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder is this being going on for a bit and was the reason we’ve struggled of late
The main reason we're struggling is that we have a big change in system - with a true striker who isn't great at build-up. We've had to attempt adjustment accordingly - and it's had mixed results.

Cancelo's poor performance and bad attitude are impactful - but are not the main reason why we're not performing as well as last season.

Several years ago I was convinced that Pep would leave us after 3 years in charge - based on several books I read about him. He did not. He renewed several times.
===
I think that Pep will stay with Man City - perhaps for the remainder of his career as manager. Because in Man City - he has the perfect situation. He's given a huge say in signings - and he's backed 100% by top management. Whatever Pep wants - he gets.

Perhaps Pep gets bored of managing and wants a break - and thus resigns. Might City accommodate this hiatus - allowing Pep to take a temporary break with an interim manager in charge - I think that we would absolutely do this.

If Pep leaves us - maybe it's for Barca - or the Spanish national side - things we can't offer Pep. Otherwise - I now see Pep remaining our manager until he retires from football.

the one thing in pep is that he smells the danger, he will not hang around once he sees that he can do no more for the club in going forward, even if he does not win the Champions League at city, that will not keep him here year after year in hoping we will win it,

he wants 100% from everybody, even the fans, when that stops you get the feeling pep has done is work here and can do no more, the work rate and lifestyle pep demands from the players does add to the pressure, players are asked to choose between families and their kids the club comes first, pep does it with his wife and kids so demands it from the players,

any way back to Cancelo maybe Gomez gets a chance now to step up

Peps after match interview v spurs looks even more of a master stroke

Pushed a few buttons and low and behold the moaner looks to be going

I reckon some players were getting clicky, trying to exert some power.

Pep called it and they crumbled as a group.

I no proof of this at all except reading some of the posts here from people who may know more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.