82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot more good than bad.

I think Pep himself is trying to figure out what to do at RB with Walker so out of form.

They targeted in behind him especially on the transition in the first half and he had a hard time dealing with it. Really needs that growth spurt with a summer in the gym to fully develop his adult body.

A lot more good than bad.

I think Pep himself is trying to figure out what to do at RB with Walker so out of form.
I thought the opposite TBH. It’s fantastic watching a young local lad get into this side and obviously he will get more leeway than most, but I am yet to see anything from him, in any game that suggests he can defend as a full back. All the positives from him come from moving inside and being comfortable on the ball. Most games (because we dominate) this will be fine, but I fear that in a big game, versus top opposition he will be found wanting. He’s a kid and I hope that Walker pulls his finger out because I don’t believe that Rico is anywhere near ready to be playing every week.

I thought the opposite TBH. It’s fantastic watching a young local lad get into this side and obviously he will get more leeway than most, but I am yet to see anything from him, in any game that suggests he can defend as a full back. All the positives from him come from moving inside and being comfortable on the ball. Most games (because we dominate) this will be fine, but I fear that in a big game, versus top opposition he will be found wanting. He’s a kid and I hope that Walker pulls his finger out because I don’t believe that Rico is anywhere near ready to be playing every week.
Agreed, a top winger will give him nightmares, more midfield for me than a fullback, at 18 it's seriously impressive how he's done, let's hope he can kick on with his development.

Rough game for him I thought but at 18 that's to be expected and something he'll learn from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.