82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he played really well the other day but today he didn’t. Was better in the second half bar the odd moment but first half I thought he was pretty poor.

I thought it was another assured performance from the young lad. Not perfect but certainly nowhere near the bottom performers among the team.

Every time I watch him I get more excited for his future.

I thought the opposite TBH. It’s fantastic watching a young local lad get into this side and obviously he will get more leeway than most, but I am yet to see anything from him, in any game that suggests he can defend as a full back. All the positives from him come from moving inside and being comfortable on the ball. Most games (because we dominate) this will be fine, but I fear that in a big game, versus top opposition he will be found wanting. He’s a kid and I hope that Walker pulls his finger out because I don’t believe that Rico is anywhere near ready to be playing every week.

In transition when attacked it ain’t his job it’s the holding midfielder or the centre backs job mainly to stop the break

In transition when attacked it ain’t his job it’s the holding midfielder or the centre backs job mainly to stop the break
I don’t think we can excuse our full backs from defending. Nobody excused Cancelo, hence us having years of some people saying on here that he was shit.

I don’t think we can excuse our full backs from defending. Nobody excused Cancelo, hence us having years of some people saying on here that he was shit.

It was Cancelo lacklustre apathy in defender that people as having a go at Lewis doesn’t have that in his game all positive in everything he does a great attitude! Yep could of gave a pen away but incidents like that happen with players who have been playing for years! Yep he can improve like every player can always improve!

I think its whoever is in the team who is in the right position to stop the break, it's one of the reasons why Pep is so obsessive about position so that wherever possible there is a player who can stop a transition.

He's excellent. When he's fully grown and at peak strength/fitness he'll be top drawer.

He can improve in certain areas, like attacking, but he's great and can only get better.
Agreed, big thing for me at the moment is that he tends to play the safe ball, that’s likely a combination of orders and confidence/inexperience at top level, be very interesting to see how he develops with time.

You can see there are areas where he still needs to develop. His reading of a ball in the air and timing of jumping to head for example. However the sheer football intelligence and energy he is showing us at the age he is is phenomenal.
In a season where we have had ups and downs, he is a shining light of positivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.