82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
My missus was asking why I talk about him so much during games. I just said if you focus on him then you see more of what's happening on the pitch. He constantly thinks two passes ahead and constantly moves to both provide an option for a teammate but also make space for others to receive the ball.

I honestly don't think we've had a player with a better football brain come through our academy. I've certainly never seen one. He's incredible.
I find it amusing when he's pointing to spaces he wants his teammates to get into to receive his pass. He's doing what a captain does and he's only 18! : )

A lot of high praise here, which is great, but let's not forget he has a lot of work to do. He is a prospect with a high ceiling but not a ready product.
For starters, he needs to bulk up his physique since he gets targeted a lot, and for a reason too. That would help him with aerial duels despite being on the short side. Otherwise, he still has work to do with his forward passing (last match, 86% passing, lowest on our team from starters). Finally, the defensive side of him, I don't think he will end up at RB anyway, but if he does, there is work to do there. When he moved to RB vs Chelsea for a short while, Chelsea had chances from that side.

To conclude, he is a brilliant kid, BUT I hope he is a down-to-earth person who will carry on improving because a lot of young players subjected to this sort of praise never fulfilled their potential, so I really hope he has a head firmly on his shoulders.

.... To conclude, he is a brilliant kid, BUT I hope he is a down-to-earth person who will carry on improving because a lot of young players subjected to this sort of praise never fulfilled their potential, so I really hope he has a head firmly on his shoulders.
Going on what I've read about him since he first emerged on the scene, he seems a well grounded kid, who's been well brought up by his parents.

Going on what I've read about him since he first emerged on the scene, he seems a well grounded kid, who's been well brought up by his parents.
That's what I heard as well. Some poster here knows his grandfather. Apparently, Rico doesn't drink and all that. Very promising, but handling this sort of pressure of high expectation is hard. I hope he can manage it. I am cheering for him.

That's what I heard as well. Some poster here knows his grandfather. Apparently, Rico doesn't drink and all that. Very promising, but handling this sort of pressure of high expectation is hard. I hope he can manage it. I am cheering for him.
We're all hoping he achieves great things. We all like to see "one of our own" coming through the ranks, like Foden (and hopefully McAtee and Doyle) has done.

Thought he was generally excellent. Plays with so much maturity. Won't be too long before he's getting a call up from Gareth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.