82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s great on the ball but he’s never a full back. I thought the two halves tonight showed where he is at.

The 1st half when Brighton were better, he was all over the show defensively.

The 2nd half where we were more comfortable in possession, he was great.

He might end up being a utility player that doesn’t really own a position.

I'll push back a little and say I'm not really sold on him in defensive positions, more then one slice/mis-kick inside our own box tonight, and he pretty much loses every physical duel it feels like. but on the ball looks fantastic and the ceiling is high. Think he's a couple of years away from first team regular tho imo.

Looked far more comfortable on the right after the subs. Was incredibly uncomfortable on the left, just basic stuff like positioning in clearing his lines and his body angles from opposite side crosses seemed a real struggle for him on the left. Needs to be more careful with his weight of pass too, too often he doesn't put enough on simple 5-10 yard passes.

All a learning curve for him though, he's an unexpected gem, nobody expected him to get a minute in the league nevermind play as much of a role as he has done. Pep has got a few years of polishing to do.

He’s way too panicky to be a defender. If the ball comes near him in our box he just wildly swings at it and often misses the ball completely. Things like that make me think he just isn’t going to be a defender at all. Midfielder all day long. When we’re in possession he’s fantastic.

Not a bad first season with the first team. He still has a chance of making it at as RB but that will still take time.

Brilliant on the ball. Defensively a bit…suspect and panicky IMO.

Also never wins headers, I know he’s not the tallest but he needs to learn to use his body more to compensate. I’m sure he’ll improve tenfold.

I think too many City fans don`t realise that the lad has only just turned 18 years of age and yet he continues to play like a player who has been there for a few years.
Yes, he is no-where the finished product, but by fuck what a talent the young man is.
Pep, please look after this young man and KDB, Rodders and Gundo show him the ropes and how good he really can be.

I think too many City fans don`t realise that the lad has only just turned 18 years of age and yet he continues to play like a player who has been there for a few years.
They also forget that a year ago he was winning his first (and only) U18 PL play off.

A remarkable step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.