82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks sensational as a deep-lying CM, has awareness of whats happening around and impressive press-resistance. Dribbles easily and rarely chooses wrong pass options even when attacked from multiple angles. To put it simply, he naturally possesses all the qualities that Foden needs to develop if he wants to play in the middle of the pitch

Far too early in his career to say which way it will go.

Pep rarely promotes 18 year old kids,so he must recognise something very special.

He has done incredibly well in the minutes he has been give,of course he is still very raw......but once composure and confidence are nailed,he will further shine.

Really?

It might be early but I only see this going one way. He's brilliant technically, he's fast, he reads the game well, he's always positive and looking to progress the ball, can play a variety of positions, and the best manager in the world is absolutely besotted with him.

The kid is going straight to the top.

Really?

It might be early but I only see this going one way. He's brilliant technically, he's fast, he reads the game well, he's always positive and looking to progress the ball, can play a variety of positions, and the best manager in the world is absolutely besotted with him.

The kid is going straight to the top.

Hope so,and while an awful lot has been thrown his way.....which he is mostly handling brilliantly.....he is just a bit erratic currently.

I found his performance quite frustrating last night, and on more than one occasion, an unexpected loss of possession or panic clearance could be traced to a misplaced pass from Lewis that had wrong footed a team mate just a few moments earlier.

However, Pep clearly sees a fetch-and-carry midfielder and his overall progress has been amazing.

I found his performance quite frustrating last night, and on more than one occasion, an unexpected loss of possession or panic clearance could be traced to a misplaced pass from Lewis that had wrong footed a team mate just a few moments earlier.

However, Pep clearly sees a fetch-and-carry midfielder and his overall progress has been amazing.

I was actually more impressed last night by him than on other occasions. There have always been errors in his game. Pep trusts him and backs him which tells you all you need to know. He's playing in an incredibly tough position where mistakes get punished and he's made some in every game really. He plays some high risk stuff at times, but when it comes off it's fundamental in getting us through the press or on the front foot.

He's gone from a young lad slightly nervous to show for the ball, to someone who is always offering himself despite being under pressure. At 18 it's a tough ask. Physically as he gets stronger he'll naturally improve because it will be harder to nudge him off the ball.

I think we'll see a similar season for him next campaign where he plays 20-30 times in a variety of positions. I'm not sure where he'll end up but he's destined to be a fantastic player.

Agreed - I was so happy with what I saw yesterday from him. I’m convinced he is the real deal. Yes there were more mistakes last night but that applies to the entire team. he was playing on the left in a makeshift defensive unit against one of the best pressing teams in the league and still just a boy in age and physicality. Yet he produced lots of great moments under a great deal of pressure, displaying intelligence and speed of thought. It’ll have been a great learning experience for him playing in such difficult circumstances.

Constantly intelligent in his choices. I'm struck by how often, when he has a ball played to him that gives him no time whatsoever to think, and he's got to play it first time, he already knows perfectly who it's going to, and much more often than not, he hits his target. He gives us possession, he gives us penetration. If he keeps on developing over the next two years, he is a certainty to be in the team for years to come.
As for last night, I'm surprised not by the fact that he made mistakes, but that he did so well playing well outside his comfort zone.

Comes with being 18 years old. Most of us at that age were still jerking off to Kelly Kapowski while watching Saved By The Bell in our bedrooms.
Yep,as i previousky covered,you didn't need to help with that point.

I was serving my country,guess we're all different.

Yep,as i previousky covered,you didn't need to help with that point.

I was serving my country,guess we're all different.

You were still jerking off at night all the same. And serving your country is irrelevant when it comes to football opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.