82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he isn’t injured as I thought he played very well in the first half. One of our most consistent players as a teenager.

The thuggery on him needs to be stopped.
I think his first half performance was possibly his worst so far. At least 3 sloppy passes and the backpass towards Ederson could have cost us.

Having said that, Rico has been a breath of fresh air and will only get better.

I think his first half performance was possibly his worst so far. At least 3 sloppy passes and the backpass towards Ederson could have cost us.

Having said that, Rico has been a breath of fresh air and will only get better.
The backpass was undercooked because he was being fouled, which was given by the ref. Aside from one poor pass I saw and losing the ball once under pressure, I thought he played very well and contributed to our dominance.

The backpass was undercooked because he was being fouled, which was given by the ref. Aside from one poor pass I saw and losing the ball once under pressure, I thought he played very well and contributed to our dominance.
Fair enough. He's getting targeted and fouled too often for my liking. I think he'll bulk up and get physically stronger to ride tackles. I also think he'll became an attacking midfielder as he already looks comfortable on the ball there.

Fair enough. He's getting targeted and fouled too often for my liking. I think he'll bulk up and get physically stronger to ride tackles. I also think he'll became an attacking midfielder as he already looks comfortable on the ball there.
I think he looks a Gundogan type CM, that can play DM when needed. Which we need given Ilkay (whether this summer or next) is on his way out and Bernardo is likely on his way, too.

Hopefully not injured probably just gassed. he was sloppy in his play today, perhaps because of tiredness.

Have to remember he's never played mens football before coming in this season. completely different level of intensity to the eds games and given the size of him he has to battle to his fullest every second he's on the pitch so no real surprise if he's absolutely wrecked and needs a breather.

I didn’t think he played that well to be honest. Maybe one game too many. It was very telling that rather than just make a like for like change, pep would rather move 3 defenders to accommodate Ake. I’ve a feeling Walker and Cancelo are very much on the naughty step at the moment.

I thought he was only brought off because Pep felt that he needed to get Ake on the pitch.
I could be wrong. It almost happened once before.
Think you're right - he played two sloppy passes at the end of the first half ones that looked like from an exhausted player - more of the mind than physical. Playing at this level at his age is a big deal - that is why players need managing. Rico has been sensational but two big games in 4 days is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.