82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rico excels at keeping tempo - he's a great midfield player who - by his presence - means that we outnumber the opposition in mid.

Rico too seems very good on defense - putting in tackles and getting back into defensive position.

Rico does not, however, have a consistent killer pass at all in his locker. His forward passing and crosses are average.
Still - I like Rico at right back mostly - he's fast, provides good defense and is able to help us with ball control - but he's not top, top class. At this point, I think that Rico is a valuable squad player, possibly a regular starter as we can't have world class at every position.

To put it into perspective... is Rico a lock for the England squad in the upcoming Euros? - I doubt it very much.
I'm not sure football is the sport for you

Lewis is very good - but a diamond - perhaps in time, but now, I doubt it.

Lewis is awesome as a tempo player - in mid. He has pace is is very good on defense.

But he lacks that killer pass. And at times he's caught on the ball.

I initially loved Lewis - but after seeing him in several games - I think his ultimate destiny is an average P/L player. I hope I'm wrong - maybe he'll become stronger at ball retention (likely I think) - and may develop a killer pass (I think that this is extremely unlikely - either you have this in your skillset from the get-go or you don't - and Lewis doesn't have this ability).

The main downside to Lewis is that he lacks a telling pass - and I doubt that he'll develop this talent.
since when do we judge right backs on the killer pass? Have you ever seen Kyle Walker play?

His job is to help us build from the back and get the ball to the guys who play the killer pass

Lewis is awesome as a tempo player - in mid. He has pace is is very good on defense.

I initially loved Lewis - but after seeing him in several games - I think his ultimate destiny is an average P/L player. I hope I'm wrong - maybe he'll become stronger at ball retention (likely I think) - and may develop a killer pass (I think that this is extremely unlikely - either you have this in your skillset from the get-go or you don't - and Lewis doesn't have this ability).

The main downside to Lewis is that he lacks a telling pass - and I doubt that he'll develop this talent.
He’s 18 started 3 prem games been excellent on both for the champions keeping England full back out of the team . But you think he’s average?

His ball retention is excellent, he rarely gives it away, you think Pep is going to play him in that role if he isn't a good passer of the ball? He's 18 and has already played superbly against some of the tougher teams. Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs (who tried to kick him off the pitch). He's the best defensive prospect City have produced in god knows how long,

His ball retention is excellent, he rarely gifes it away, you think Pep is going to play him in that role if he isn't a good passer of the ball? He's 18 and has already played superbly against some of the tougher teams. Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs (who tried to kick him off the pitch). He's the best defensive prospect City have produced in god knows how long,
Agree with all you've said.

Except that under pressure Lewis is prone to give the ball away.

And on offense - his passing forward/crosses/telling passes - is off. Average in this respect.

Unless he ups his game in terms of ball retention under pressure and unless he develops a better pass - he's a squad player. Rico is 18 (I think) so this may well happen - his upside is world class.

Rico excels at keeping tempo - he's a great midfield player who - by his presence - means that we outnumber the opposition in mid.

Rico too seems very good on defense - putting in tackles and getting back into defensive position.

Rico does not, however, have a consistent killer pass at all in his locker. His forward passing and crosses are average.
Still - I like Rico at right back mostly - he's fast, provides good defense and is able to help us with ball control - but he's not top, top class. At this point, I think that Rico is a valuable squad player, possibly a regular starter as we can't have world class at every position.

To put it into perspective... is Rico a lock for the England squad in the upcoming Euros? - I doubt it very much.

Rico is a very good squad player - if he wants more - then let him go and Godspeed.
You're ripping holes in an academy product who is only 18! He's bound to have a few flaws!
He's an exciting player who is on course to be something special.Get behind the lad, not against him!

His ball retention is excellent, he rarely gives it away, you think Pep is going to play him in that role if he isn't a good passer of the ball? He's 18 and has already played superbly against some of the tougher teams. Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs (who tried to kick him off the pitch). He's the best defensive prospect City have produced in god knows how long,
One might even say his ball retention and composure is his best asset. Yet this guy thinks he's bad at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.