82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all you've said.

Except that under pressure Lewis is prone to give the ball away.

No he isn't.

He uncharacteristically did so on a couple of occasions against Wolves,and you have clearly based your poor opinion of his overall game on such.

Do you honestly think Pep would bring a recently turned 18 year old into the first team,while benching one of England's finest ever Right Backs,if the kid couldn't look after himself and the ball?

C'mon.....have a word.

Agree with all you've said.

Except that under pressure Lewis is prone to give the ball away.

And on offense - his passing forward/crosses/telling passes - is off. Average in this respect.

Unless he ups his game in terms of ball retention under pressure and unless he develops a better pass - he's a squad player. Rico is 18 (I think) so this may well happen - his upside is world class.
Agree with his forward passing, but i dont think its off, he just usually takes the easier option. But he’ll become braver, given hes only just 18.
His ball retention is very good though.

All we can say is that he has made an excellent start to his City career. He is a talent, with a football brain and sound technique. The world is at his feet, but there is a long way to go from a talented prospect, which he is, to achieving what he seems to be capable of. What a joy to have someone of this talent emerging from the academy, and being able to witness his journey; just enjoy it.

Having watched some of his performances for the junior sides (City and England) I am looking forward to him starting to display some of the attacking talent he has demonstrated during his development. His role in the first team has been quite conservative so far but he has more in his locker going forward.

Agree with his forward passing, but i dont think its off, he just usually takes the easier option. But he’ll become braver, given hes only just 18.
His ball retention is very good though.
The bolded part is why Pep prefers him in tight games.
The goal we conceeded against Everton for example came about because Rodri did not play an easy pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.