82 | Rico Lewis - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're ripping holes in an academy product who is only 18! He's bound to have a few flaws!
He's an exciting player who is on course to be something special.Get behind the lad, not against him!
Huh?

I like Lewis as a squad player - he's very gifted. I've pointed out his flaws - he's no Pedri. But he might well develop - as again I pointed out - as he's only 18.

Lewis has a lot of potential - but for me - he's a squad player now in terms of development. Yet at 18 - he may well become the best midfielder (yeah he's ostensibly a right back but whatever) of the next generation. I'm speaking only in terms of current performance.... Lewis has huge upside potential which may or may not be realized.

Huh?

I like Lewis as a squad player - he's very gifted. I've pointed out his flaws - he's no Pedri. But he might well develop - as again I pointed out - as he's only 18.

Lewis has a lot of potential - but for me - he's a squad player now in terms of development. Yet at 18 - he may well become the best midfielder (yeah he's ostensibly a right back but whatever) of the next generation. I'm speaking only in terms of current performance.... Lewis has huge upside potential which may or may not be realized.
But you attacked him like he's a seasoned professional, he's still a kid.

Lewis is very good - but a diamond - perhaps in time, but now, I doubt it.

Lewis is awesome as a tempo player - in mid. He has pace is is very good on defense.

But he lacks that killer pass. And at times he's caught on the ball.

I initially loved Lewis - but after seeing him in several games - I think his ultimate destiny is an average P/L player. I hope I'm wrong - maybe he'll become stronger at ball retention (likely I think) - and may develop a killer pass (I think that this is extremely unlikely - either you have this in your skillset from the get-go or you don't - and Lewis doesn't have this ability).

The main downside to Lewis is that he lacks a telling pass - and I doubt that he'll develop this talent.
Sorry he's 18 and you've concluded this?

But you attacked him like he's a seasoned professional, he's still a kid.
I'm not attacking Lewis at all. He's very good now - and might well improve. He needs to be a bit better under pressure (minor improvement), and he needs to radically improve his forward final pass/assist (he's average at this currently).

At only 18, he may well improve in both areas I've outlined as his weaknesses.

That's my assessment of him - full stop.

I'm not attacking Lewis at all. He's very good now - and might well improve. He needs to be a bit better under pressure (minor improvement), and he needs to radically improve his forward final pass/assist (he's average at this currently).

At only 18, he may well improve in both areas I've outlined as his weaknesses.

That's my assessment of him - full stop.
He'll do all of that, and much more! He's a special player considering his age.

Rico excels at keeping tempo - he's a great midfield player who - by his presence - means that we outnumber the opposition in mid.

Rico too seems very good on defense - putting in tackles and getting back into defensive position.

Rico does not, however, have a consistent killer pass at all in his locker. His forward passing and crosses are average.
Still - I like Rico at right back mostly - he's fast, provides good defense and is able to help us with ball control - but he's not top, top class. At this point, I think that Rico is a valuable squad player, possibly a regular starter as we can't have world class at every position.

To put it into perspective... is Rico a lock for the England squad in the upcoming Euros? - I doubt it very much.

Rico is a very good squad player - if he wants more - then let him go and Godspeed.
The words of a clueless "soccer" fan who's clearly never watched his performances as captain of City and Englands u18's teams over the last few years.
You've seen nothing yet as regards to his attacking and finishing capabilities.
And as for having the nerve to criticise one of our greatest young talents for many years, I'd say stick to your own version of football.
Your words are in the top 3 of nobhead (Manchester word, Google it) interactions on this thread, up there with the one who said we'd never see him again after his debut, and the unknown mod who took it upon himself to remove this thread I started back into the EDS one until I questioned Ric..
A reminder of why I deserted this place for years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.