82 | Rico Lewis - 2024/25

Fantastic is overegging it a bit, he has been competently bland at best.

I guarentee you that the same fans (including yourself) that are criticising a 19 year old Rico Lewis for not having his best game were the exact same fans that criticised Cole Palmer when he played for City.

It's so obvious.

Certain players aren't allowed bad games. Particularly some of our academy players.

If/when Pep goes, does Rico get regular game time for a new manager? I know there’s a thought that if you can play for Pep, you can play for anyone. It might be true but I also think that Peps genius protects players somewhat. I do wonder if a new manager will look at him and think he’s not a good enough defender to play RB and he’s too meh to play in the middle.

Love him. Adore the fucker.

But the sooner he’s not a full back, the better. There’s a gap to put him in midfield with Rodri and KDB out/needing more rest. He gets targeted aerially and also physically and he can’t win either of those unfortunately.

But his energy, confidence and ability on the ball will be fantastic in midfield. Hence Pep changing it quickly by bringing Stones on and pushing Walker to right back and Lewis higher up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.