87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

97% passing accuracy today and it wasn't all safe sideways and backwards. Understated but impressive performance...
I think this is a really good take. As the game wore on, I was thinking that he was knitting things together really well: his movement into space was smooth and unflashy, but regularly enabled an easy pass. A mature performance.

I’ve been a big fan of Mcatee since I watched him live a few times in the Academy.

Followed him closely at SU last season and he was brilliant for them. He had fuck all around him but still looked a cracking player.

Thought he did well on Saturday, but felt he played in a less “cheeky” way that he’s capable of.

Having followed him for a few years I can see so many similarities to Dave. The wonderful left foot, the balance, the “jink”, the vision and intelligence and the calm, never rushed vibe.

Going to be absolutely colossal we just need to manage him appropriately.

I think he needs that switch to flip in his head where he says to himself “I’m as good as these” and then goes on to play his best game.

I think this is a really good take. As the game wore on, I was thinking that he was knitting things together really well: his movement into space was smooth and unflashy, but regularly enabled an easy pass. A mature performance.
Just LENDING the ball it's key ingredient to being top top player
Must stop listening to experts

Of course he can. He’s a young player. Bobb, Lewis and all young players are like that. We can’t expect him to be a ready made player, it’s going to take time and as you say we need to trust his talent
Phil didn’t exactly jump straight into the first team on a regular basis, when he joined the senior squad.

And just like Phil, James, Nico, Oscar and Rico will have to be patient and build their experience gradually, though I think Oscar might get his chance straight away, judging on his performances since the start of pre-season.

I fully expect to see him in the starting XI at the Kremlin on Sunday.

Bit of trivia for you all that you may not have known(some of you probably do): his great Uncle is none other than our football genius, Alan Ball.

Let's hope that's not a bad sign...
Alan Ball might not have been a very good manager, but he was a great player, and as such, he was the youngest member of the England World Cup winning team in 196h.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.