87 | James McAtee - 2024/25

Gundo's return has little baring on McAtee's future as he'll get the same opportunties. Whether it is enough to make an impact on the first team is questionable but I do hope he does make it.

I’m slightly concerned that he isn’t going to get enough game time to develop now.

If we are losing or even winning I think pep will probably bring on Gundogan or someone else.

I’ve said it before, but I honestly think we could save ourselves 50m if we invest in Mcatee in the long term. I hope he gets a chance.
This is exactly what people were saying about Phil Foden five years ago.

Give James - and Pep - a chance. McAtee has had two years at the Blades, and he’s come back a better player, especially after his second season there, when he and the team had to scrap for every point.

His time at Bramall Lane will have done him the world of good and he has returned to City a better player for it

This is exactly what people were saying about Phil Foden five years ago.

Give James - and Pep - a chance. McAtee has had two years at the Blades, and he’s come back a better player, especially after his second season there, when he and the team had to scrap for every point.

His time at Bramall Lane will have done him the world of good and he has returned to City a better player for it
I get what you’re saying, but foden was always going to make it at city. He’s a once in a generation talent. I don’t think there’s any point in comparing fodens path to the first team to other players.

I agree with your other points.

James has said himself this season ain't about minutes for him it's about training under the best manager and players in the world. Anyone saying gundo will block his path should consider how much he might learn working with gundo every day in training. As a player and a human! I think the lad can make it here he certainly has peps trust which is rare for an academy lad especially one returning from loan.

we need a brutal injury chaos imo for him to start 2 games in a row for us this season. about same game time imo as Sergio Gomez had last season.

Unfortunately, he is not going to make the cut in this team.
Talent wise, he is okay but every time I watch him play for us, his decision making has been below par.
This is even made worse because he is a midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.