9/11 where were you?

Don’t know. Don’t care. All these USA based news flashes irritates me like hell. Yes it was a disaster. Yes innocent people died. So did a lot more due to the tsunami in Indonesia. Heard anything from that lately?
Anyways it’s 20 years later. Life moves on. Even Ronaldo gained age. Although if you listen to MothD he had grown younger. Fecked up USA ruled world.
Sometimes you read something online that makes you think humanity has some right cunts.

This is one of those times.

I think it’s not. What is bizarre is the huge amount of attention USA based news gets compare to what really matters. But with the BBC following the USA matters as if it was national news, you need to be able to see it.
It was an act of war, inside America, for the first time since 1812.

It started a 20 year war, in which one of the US allies (Britain) lost men.

That war has officially just ended, and was the longest war the US has ever been in in their history.

It’s a 20, which is a round number, and these things always gain more press.

You’ve dropped a bollock on this one and are now turning it into “Who gives a fuck about American news always being reported over here.”

Good luck with that.

Watching it in the 'Bistro' at Maccess in Trafford Park. Remember going back to 'Goods in' and telling my mate that the taper for WW3 has just been lit. I was wrong, thank fuck.

'Debunked' is the new word for 'Get away with what the fuck you want'.

I was in work. Everyone piled into the canteen/small room with a telly just after the second plane hit. Never been glued like that to the news. The whole thing stinks(why it happened)

It’s not about a natural disaster or a terrorist attack. It’s about USA based news flashes getting all the attention even 20 years later. But hey, if you feel you should cry with the hurdle please do.
I was in San Francisco, in the Transamerica Pyramid, and as usual at work before heading to a conference which was at a hotel several blocks away (we work east coast hours). A co-worker came in and said a plane had crashed into the WTC. We were crowded around a TV when we saw the second plane hit. Being in San Francisco’s most prominent office building, our first thought was to get out ASAP. We did and hustled up the street the conference. On my way I called my wife who was in Boston for work and told her to turn on the TV. She was stuck out there for over a week.

At our conference were nearly 2,000 clients. Three of the companies attending were HQd in those towers (Oppenheimer, Alger, and Fiduciary Trust). Those from those companies sat in a ballroom watching their colleagues die on live TV. We were all busy trying comfort as many people as we could. We spent the next week just trying to help our clients find ways home. Probably gave my wife the longest hug I ever have when she eventually made it back.

There’s a lot more to tell about the impact this has on me personally, but I’ll save that for another time. But just so you know, I typed all this instead of “Go fuck yourself with a chainsaw, you ****”, which is what I wanted to type initially.

Last edited:
I was in San Francisco, in the Transamerica Pyramid, and as usual at work before heading to a conference which was at a hotel several blocks away (we work east coast hours). A co-worker came in and said a plane had crashed into the WTC. We were crowded around a TV when we saw the second plane hit. Being in San Francisco’s most prominent office building, our first thought was to get out ASAP. We did and hustled to up the street the conference. On my way I called my wife who was in Boston for work and told her to turn on the TV. She was stuck out there for over a week.

At our conference were nearly 2,000 clients. Three of the companies attending were HQd in those towers (Oppenheimer, Alger, and Fiduciary Trust). Those from those companies sat in a ballroom watching their colleagues die on live TV. We were all busy trying comfort as many people as we could. We spent the next week just trying to help our clients find ways home. Probably gave my wife the longest hug I ever have when she eventually made it back.

There’s a lot more to tell about the impact this has on me personally, but I’ll save that for another time. But just so you know, I typed all all this instead of “Go fuck yourself with a chainsaw, you ****”, which is what I wanted to type initially.
I own several chainsaws, including a nice little Makita battery operated one, let me know

I own several chainsaws, including a nice little Makita battery operated one, let me know
Arguably that person’s initial post was the worst I’ve seen in ten years here. I wouldn’t want to impose on you though; I bet you use them all. Wouldn’t be surprised if you tie a string on the end and fish for trout with one of them :)

Stunned that @ChicagoBlue was so measured in his response given his profession and employer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.