9 | Erling Haaland - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
FZk003mXkAIJApO

It always takes some time to settle in but he still bagged a brace. There were a couple other chances that could have been converted if he was on the same page as his teammates. Those goals are going to come too. The only thing that will stop him from winning the golden boot is squad rotation and that they’re going to walk the league this year. He’ll be saved for the CL once the knockout stages arrive.

BTW, I can’t think of a single group draw that I wouldn’t fancy City to win with two matches to spare.

A couple of years under Pep and he will be the complete striker.

His link up play was good whenever I saw him for dortmund. I don't think it will take a couple of years under Pep for him to become a complete striker, I think he already is a complete striker, and just needs to get used to the team a bit

He could realistically have had five goals today (the two he scored, plus the two header misses and the slide at the back post when Kev crossed it) and possibly an assist when he did some good link up play and slipped Ilkay in who should have got his shot off. You wonder how many times he will be getting multiple goals in games this season. Strap yourselves in because this is going to be one hell of a ride, and a very joyous one at that

A couple of other points that probably haven't been mentioned:

1) Although his build-up play was a bit clunky, I thought he actually got himself into decent positions for said build ups.
2) His second goal came when West Ham decided they wanted to try and attack a bit more. This is where I suspect Haaland is really going to be a game-changer for us. Like when we had Sané but somehow even scarier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.