9 | Erling Haaland - 2023/24

Don’t agree. Those were the softest penalty shouts you’ll ever see. You get out muscled by someone who is stronger than you not because the ref isn’t protecting you. He’s a 6’5 powder puff with about as much fear factor (physically) as a fairy.
Exactly how is having your back to the ball and wrestling someone to the ground not a penalty?

Don’t agree. Those were the softest penalty shouts you’ll ever see. You get out muscled by someone who is stronger than you not because the ref isn’t protecting you. He’s a 6’5 powder puff with about as much fear factor (physically) as a fairy.
Mainoo not looking at the ball once and just grabbing Haaland round the waist and throwing him is being "out muscled", bollocks. If Stones does that to Rashford, the rags are getting a penalty and you know it.

The opposing manager evolved.

How is he going to improve? Banning opposition managers to play ultra defensive football and have two CBs in his proximity while their outfield players are closing down on our passing pivots.
Either Pep changes the whole game-plan or he simply start benching him for false 9 when predicting how the teams might play against us. The worst thing Ten HAg said yesterday before the game how he was going to play and Pep was obliged to step into that pile of shit.

The sad fact is every time we played a team capable of resolute defence, he's been totally ineffectual. So we are left with waiting for that 'Hail Mary' pass to him, which does not work when you are 2 nil down.
You’re either a rag or just a twat

He would score a bucket load for the rags, at Dortmund he scored a lot of goals on the break.

Other than his height i cant understand why we dont have him stood on the half way line when we conced a corner, Lump it up to him and with his pace he could cause havoc.

It’s only Hughes that did that. Annoys me that all managers we’ve had since seem to prefer 11 bodies in the box instead of an outlet.

It worked a treat when we had Sane and Sterling breaking if we won it but not so much now.

The opposing manager evolved.

How is he going to improve? Banning opposition managers to play ultra defensive football and have two CBs in his proximity while their outfield players are closing down on our passing pivots.
Either Pep changes the whole game-plan or he simply start benching him for false 9 when predicting how the teams might play against us. The worst thing Ten HAg said yesterday before the game how he was going to play and Pep was obliged to step into that pile of shit.

The sad fact is every time we played a team capable of resolute defence, he's been totally ineffectual. So we are left with waiting for that 'Hail Mary' pass to him, which does not work when you are 2 nil down.
This is where he needs to be pulling the cbs out of position by moving more around the box and outside instead of waiting for the ball to reach him.

Just remind me who’s won the Golden Boot for the last two seasons…

He plays centre forward for probably the greatest side this country has ever produced who on 99% of the time have 70% plus possession and most of that in the attacking 3rd
He has some of the best creative players in the game creating chances for him and all that’s asked of him Is be in front of the goal and when the rest of the team get the ball to you there stick it in the net
He’s given the pass of only being expected to do this and contribute nothing in any other part of the game, his ridiculously low touch count each game shows this
He’s allowed to contribute even less to all round play than Aguero did, he was told do more or you’re benched and he was benched
You give me any premier league level striker at City and tell them that’s their only job, put them on penalties and I’m putting money on them to be up there every year in the golden boot race

Pep played false 9s at Barca, left Aguero out to play false 9 against Barca, constantly talked about how he’d have 11 midfielders If he could and to me there’s no way Haaland is Pep’s player

It’s just my opinion if we had a player like Berbatov, Kane, Drogba, Tevez, that those kind of players would maybe not quite get Haalands personal total of goals but would contribute that much more that we’d score more as a team and be a better all round side more capable of breaking the better teams down

It’s not hard to mark someone who is remaining in a relatively small area in the large portions of games when we’re surrounding the oppositions box trying to break through

The year before Haaland came most on here were mocking United fans for worshipping Ronaldo as he was banging them in and his personal stats looked great but we all showed twitter pictures of his heat map to show that although he was scoring his all round involvement was actual making United worse
Those same City fans don’t view Haaland contributions the same for some reason
Ronaldo scored 20+ goals in a team that finished 7th I think

Last 4 semis against Madrid he’s been anonymous, last 2 cup finals the same, Inter final the same

We didn’t sign Haaland to help us beat West Ham, Fulham etc… we never had a problem doing that without him as our goals totals proved, we want a striker who makes the difference in those 50/50 games and to do that you need more to your game than he offers in terms of ability to create a goal for yourself and create for others

If teams played football against us and took us on It wouldn’t be as much of a problem but all teams pack the defence and sit deep and when the really top sides and as yesterday showed even just a really well organised side/defence he’s just irrelevant

Just don’t see him as a good fit for our style of play

PS just to be clear I fxxkin hate Ronaldo

He plays centre forward for probably the greatest side this country has ever produced who on 99% of the time have 70% plus possession and most of that in the attacking 3rd
He has some of the best creative players in the game creating chances for him and all that’s asked of him Is be in front of the goal and when the rest of the team get the ball to you there stick it in the net
He’s given the pass of only being expected to do this and contribute nothing in any other part of the game, his ridiculously low touch count each game shows this
He’s allowed to contribute even less to all round play than Aguero did, he was told do more or you’re benched and he was benched
You give me any premier league level striker at City and tell them that’s their only job, put them on penalties and I’m putting money on them to be up there every year in the golden boot race

Pep played false 9s at Barca, left Aguero out to play false 9 against Barca, constantly talked about how he’d have 11 midfielders If he could and to me there’s no way Haaland is Pep’s player

It’s just my opinion if we had a player like Berbatov, Kane, Drogba, Tevez, that those kind of players would maybe not quite get Haalands personal total of goals but would contribute that much more that we’d score more as a team and be a better all round side more capable of breaking the better teams down

It’s not hard to mark someone who is remaining in a relatively small area in the large portions of games when we’re surrounding the oppositions box trying to break through

The year before Haaland came most on here were mocking United fans for worshipping Ronaldo as he was banging them in and his personal stats looked great but we all showed twitter pictures of his heat map to show that although he was scoring his all round involvement was actual making United worse
Those same City fans don’t view Haaland contributions the same for some reason
Ronaldo scored 20+ goals in a team that finished 7th I think

Last 4 semis against Madrid he’s been anonymous, last 2 cup finals the same, Inter final the same

We didn’t sign Haaland to help us beat West Ham, Fulham etc… we never had a problem doing that without him as our goals totals proved, we want a striker who makes the difference in those 50/50 games and to do that you need more to your game than he offers in terms of ability to create a goal for yourself and create for others

If teams played football against us and took us on It wouldn’t be as much of a problem but all teams pack the defence and sit deep and when the really top sides and as yesterday showed even just a really well organised side/defence he’s just irrelevant

Just don’t see him as a good fit for our style of play

PS just to be clear I fxxkin hate Ronaldo
So in summary he’s won the Golden Boot in the most competitive league in the world on two occasions, and broken many scoring records along the way

You missed and been dog shit in the big games

Or marked out of the game. Hardly surprising in big games is it. I seem to remember we played a high line and prevented him being a threat against us when we played Dortmund a few seasons ago.

We aren't playing to his strengths in those big games. We should have started with Doku.

And there was almost no threat from the right wing.

They wanted us to play through the middle and that's what we did.

There's no need to sell the best striker in the world. We need to give him better support. Including signing a better striker that Alvarez to play instead of him to give him a rest. Potentially one who could play alongside him. Or even just an impact player like Joselu is used at Madrid.

Or marked out of the game. Hardly surprising in big games is it. I seem to remember we played a high line and prevented him being a threat against us when we played Dortmund a few seasons ago.

We aren't playing to his strengths in those big games. We should have started with Doku.

And there was almost no threat from the right wing.

They wanted us to play through the middle and that's what we did.

There's no need to sell the best striker in the world. We need to give him better support. Including signing a better striker that Alvarez to play instead of him to give him a rest. Potentially one who could play alongside him. Or even just an impact player like Joselu is used at Madrid.

He’s the best striker in the world in your opinion

There’s more to football than just goal stats

Henry only ever scored more than Haaland has this season once in his 9 years at Arsenal

If he was playing now would you say Haaland was the best striker in the world ?

Would you have preferred Henry or Haaland as our striker yesterday ?

Do you think we’d have had a better chance of winning the game with Henry or Haaland ?

I think people get to wrapped up in stats and not what they see with their eyes

I think we could be a better team with a striker more suited to how we play

Some think Haalands the best striker in the world

just opinions

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.