9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do some people feel the need to be so negative to certain players, given we have been so successful under Pep? The most criticized players 15 months ago were Gundogan, Rodri, Mahrez... All of them have made vital contributions since then. Won't be different with Jesus or Grealish.

There's little doubt that Jesus has been a very good signing for us, given the price (under 30m) and the contributions (over 80 goals and many assists, including the wonderful goal that made us Centurions). This season, he's still our top assistant in the league, despite playing a lot fewer minutes than the other forwards. Also, he scored highly important winners vs Chelsea and PSG.

The lad is an excellent servant to the club and gives his all, why post negative things about him? I think he will score crucial goals over the next 2-3 months.

Maybe, I just think Pep would happily keep him but as his game time will be limited the player himself might want a move.

It depends entirely on who we manage to sign in the summer. As I say, unless we fail to sign a quality forward, he's going to drop down the pecking order... Possibly even below Liam Delap.

He's actually regressed over the past two or three years, and I reckon he's 100% next to go.

Why do some people feel the need to be so negative to certain players, given we have been so successful under Pep? The most criticized players 15 months ago were Gundogan, Rodri, Mahrez... All of them have made vital contributions since then. Won't be different with Jesus or Grealish.

There's little doubt that Jesus has been a very good signing for us, given the price (under 30m) and the contributions (over 80 goals and many assists, including the wonderful goal that made us Centurions). This season, he's still our top assistant in the league, despite playing a lot fewer minutes than the other forwards. Also, he scored highly important winners vs Chelsea and PSG.

The lad is an excellent servant to the club and gives his all, why post negative things about him? I think he will score crucial goals over the next 2-3 months.
Any hint of weakness and the vultures sweep in for a cheap feed. Something similar in some people's nature.

I remember his vital goal against Liverpool when he totally destroyed Gomez

I remember his vital goal against Liverpool when he totally destroyed Gomez

I remember his vital assist for Foden's goal at Anfield this season.

We have arguably played 5 big games so far: Chelsea and PSG twice and Liverpool (I don't count United for obvious reasons). Jesus has contributed 2 goals and an assist from two starts: at Stamford Bridge and Anfield. No City player has done better in this games in terms of productivity.

I think the frustration that many fans have is that, for his first couple of seasons, he looked like he would replace Sergio as our main striker and it is sometimes difficult to understand why he has not pushed on to do so and why he now prefers to play as a wide forward.

Many players would love to be in his position - the only senior striker at one of the top sides in Europe - but for whatever reason Jesus seems to have struggled with it.

I think he still has much to offer and has been great value for the transfer fee paid but if/when we sign a striker such as Kane or Haaland he will probably get less game time than he does now.

He has the talent to be a regular for a top side so it might be best for all parties if he were to move on.

Having said that, if he so a run up front and started playing confidently and scoring I would be delighted for him to stay.

I think the frustration that many fans have is that, for his first couple of seasons, he looked like he would replace Sergio as our main striker and it is sometimes difficult to understand why he has not pushed on to do so and why he now prefers to play as a wide forward.

Many players would love to be in his position - the only senior striker at one of the top sides in Europe - but for whatever reason Jesus seems to have struggled with it.

I think he still has much to offer and has been great value for the transfer fee paid but if/when we sign a striker such as Kane or Haaland he will probably get less game time than he does now.

He has the talent to be a regular for a top side so it might be best for all parties if he were to move on.

Having said that, if he so a run up front and started playing confidently and scoring I would be delighted for him to stay.
My thoughts exactly.

Some people are being far too precious and over-protective on this thread. He seems to be a nice lad, and it's not a criticism of the lad to say he's not good enough for a regular place at City. There are countless players in the PL who would fall into that category.

He'll almost certainly be surplus to requirements at City next season and will, hopefully, get a good move for himself.

The simple fact is that when he does leave, he won't be missed in terms of squad strength, and there won't be very many people shedding a tear for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.