9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thrown in and out of games by Pep, put in random positions and left out in the cold for seemingly no reason.

Despite all of that he has still scored plenty and more than contributed to the titles we have won since we got here.

If he leaves he will go to another top club and have a very good career.

Mahrez, Palmer, Foden, Grealish, Alvarez & Haarland for 3 forward positions with Delap a year more experienced, yes Phil and Jack could drop back to midfield.

Gabby and Sterling, I feel may be moved on, Sterling because of the contract situation.

It seems as though we don’t get the flair or technical side of Jesus these days as much as we do the gusto and hard running. Shame.

I think the frustration that many fans have is that, for his first couple of seasons, he looked like he would replace Sergio as our main striker and it is sometimes difficult to understand why he has not pushed on to do so and why he now prefers to play as a wide forward.

Many players would love to be in his position - the only senior striker at one of the top sides in Europe - but for whatever reason Jesus seems to have struggled with it.

I think he still has much to offer and has been great value for the transfer fee paid but if/when we sign a striker such as Kane or Haaland he will probably get less game time than he does now.

He has the talent to be a regular for a top side so it might be best for all parties if he were to move on.

Having said that, if he so a run up front and started playing confidently and scoring I would be delighted for him to stay.

Jesus is a second striker who will perform best when pair with a real striker or a winger who can enter the box to act like a 2nd striker at times. His pace is not quick enough and after his injury, he is even slower. That is very unfortunate.

Would demand to leave in the summer if I was Jesus.

Need a winner and he's left on the bench. Not a big vote of confidence for him.

Sums him and Sterling up tonight without even stepping on the pitch
No confidence by Pep (or me) that they would have helped

Another strange decision by Pep, Jesus nearly always makes an impact from the bench he's a menace and has a habit of scoring vital goals when we are struggling to break down a stubborn opponent.

Sums him and Sterling up tonight without even stepping on the pitch
No confidence by Pep (or me) that they would have helped

No reason not to be confident that Sterling would have at least offered more than what our front three were serving up last night i.e. actually running at the defenders rather than passing the buck and waiting for someone to shoot from miles out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.