9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think maybe im judging him harshly in that if we had a top striker than the burden on scoring is taken off him.

He's more of a forward player than a striker.

Still shouldn't need a run of games to know when to pass or shoot.

Aguero was probably the best centre forward the league has ever seen, it took him 2-4 games to get back to his rhythm especially in Pep’s team.

Next week I’d play him Foden and De Bruyne up top and Bernardo, Gundogan & Rodri.

Today he was better than Sterling and Foden, performed really well in every aspect of the game.

Solid defensively and offensively, it's funny he chose to limit himself and asked Pep to give him a RW role, because he can deliver more from CF and maybe except KDB, is the best player for that False9 role.. Because everyone struggles there, Foden or Grealish or Sterling or Bernardo, they all have difficulties to play there..

It's a squad game. There are plenty of games where you would rather have Mahrez starting for example.

But there are games where you want Jesus. He kept Robertson quiet and as a bonus scored a lovely goal.

I like Jesus and would like him to stay in the past.
But today he clearly put personal gain over team success.
Not once but twice. It is not like a split second decision like Mahrez/Grealish later. Jesus has all the time on that spot and he knew KDB there but still refused to pass.
A sign that he is on his way out.
Wish him well.

Absolutely delighted for the lad. He has had so many near misses and tight offsides in a disrupted season, it was great for him to score in a big game.

I like Jesus and would like him to stay in the past.
But today he clearly put personal gain over team success.
Not once but twice. It is not like a split second decision like Mahrez/Grealish later. Jesus has all the time on that spot and he knew KDB there but still refused to pass.
A sign that he is on his way out.
Wish him well.
So he doesn't score, he's out. He tries to score, he's selfish and out. You have of course played at this level and been in similar situations so it is clear to you what he should have done. Whether you like him or not you still crucify him. You see so "clearly" but with a closed mind.

I guess he gets stick because after slagging off Mahrez, Mahrez is now probably our best forward.......Grealish is our weakest forward by a country mile but 95% of this forum can't say a bad word about him because they were convinced Pep would make him the best player in the world......so as soon as Jesus plays, the slagging starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.