A City Sale As A Kid That Broke Your Heart

Kinkladze, i cried when he left. Am i right in saying Channel 5 filmed his debut for Ajax which was a pre-season friendly in somewhere like Denmark?

Can't believe no one has mentioned Stevie Lomas that was bad but also Paul Walsh Clive Wilson and Andy Hinchiffe
Tony Coton as well god we let some great players go
Why did no one mention Jamie pollock lol

I remember being on holiday when my dad broke the news to me of anelka's transfer, I felt angry and quite hollow inside. That kind of feeling just shouldn't happen to a kid.

When we sold Paul Power to Everton i cried! As a kid to me he was City, in those days being captain meant so much and he was my hero! Thought he'd be here forever.

Also pissed when we swapped Hinchcliffe for Pointon, and when we got rid of Steve Redmond.

When I was a lad it was definitely Franny,apparently I was inconsolable.
As I got older we seemed to be a nursery for every other side in the league, I blame big Mal,we were never a selling club until he started by having his fire sale,selling full internationals and buying in lower league journeymen.
Harry Godwin and Ken Barnes used to unearth all these gems and Swales used to use the proceeds to keep the dosh rolling into his pockets,some of these lads like Paul Simpson and Dave Bennett went to clubs that weren't even in the same division as we were at the time.
It can't have been ambition that drove them out,just Swale's greed and incompetence,invariably they came back and scored against us,ala Franny Lee for Derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.