a little birdie...Torres et al...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Tolmie, do you know if Milner is a player Mancini wants because he is his kind of player or because of the English quota system and he will do a job?

He doesn't strike me as a Mancini type signing.

Well, Adam Johnson wasn't a Bobby signing, and that has turned out rather nicely?

Marwood has a good eye, but it still needs a consensus.

Milner is class, a Lampard in the making IMO.

So it's more of a case of "Roberto, you can have James Milner in your squad next year, what do you think?" rather than "Garry, i want James Milner in my squad?"

I've no problem with that but just wondered as i don't think Mancini would have James Milner on his wanted list, it's like if someone said to me if i wanted Darren Fletcher in my squad i would say yes but he wouldn't be a player i would identify as a target.

As for Milner, theres no doubting he is a very good player, i just think the price is crazy!

I think Milner should be given a bit more credit

-Just won young player of the year award with Villa and is clearly on the up.
-Both footed
-One of the best young english talents available (IMO)
-broken into the england squad and ahead of Walcott
-Some one has to replace Gerrard and Lampard (he could be the key)

Also I think with this new homegrown quota prices will increase.
Like someone mentioned on previous threds, his value is what someone is prepared to pay - so is there need to compare to other signings values? (Villa 34m Ronaldo 80m)

coms64 said:
All this in house name calling is fecking pathetic.

Since this section of the Forum board was formed we have had posts started regarding all sorts of players coming and going from our club.

Since this section of the forum was formed we have people REPLY to posts started regarding all sorts of players coming and going from our club.

So Please correct me if I am missing the point with this forum.

This section is the Transfer Forum and it says FOR ALL TRANSFER RUMOURS, GOSSIP AND SPECULATION.

So, for those that do not understand how rumours, gossip and speculation are actually defined in the Cambridge advanced dictionary please read the 3 categories below.

Then after reading, those that are trading insults with ITK or WUMs or those that are being totally ( imo ) rude and insulting, the people that are posting things untrue or a little bit on the untruth side, they are only following what the title of this forum is.

Not once in the title does it say TRANSFER FORUM, NO bullshit or wind ups please.
If you don’t want RUMOURS GOSSIP OR SPECULATION then get the mods to rename the Transfer Forum.

Rumours: An unofficial interesting story or piece of news that might be true or invented, which quickly spreads from person to person.

Gossip: Conversation or reports about other people's private lives which might be unkind, disapproving or not true.

Speculation: When you guess possible answers to a question without having enough information to be certain.

Before anyone starts, yes only yadayadayada post in yadayadayada years,
to you my friend I say get a fecking grip of yourself.

Agree with all of the above. However, there is fair number of people on here who post bullshit, lies and WUMs on purpose, who claim to be connected or "in the know" when in fact they are just making things up. And they deserve all flak they get imho because they are not "just blues to post in good faith". They post to get attention and to wind people up.

A good example was chazmcfc who claimed to have seen M. Johnson completely pissed up when he was out injured last season. A member of the Mod/Admin team on here who knows Johnson proved that this was actually a lie because he was with Johnson at the claim chazmcfc insisted he had seen him (as far as I remember). On top of that he was also incredibly abusive so he deserved to be banned.

Andouble said:
think at the end of the day it'll be Ibra, like it or not he is a 'big name' the ownership craves and Mancini loves him.

Only my 2 bobs worth.

When all the paper work was done and all monies paid out to different clubs regard compo and payoffs, the deal for Ibrahimovic to Barcelona was approx 70m euro, big money.

His first game for Barcelona was against City, I have been told.

He holds a scoring record at Barcelona for scoring a goal in all the first 5 games of the season, this record stood for nearly 60 years.

He got the only goal in a 1-0 win against Real Madrid, do that for Barcelona and you are then treated like Denis Law from years ago or like Benjani from the present who scored over at old Trafford on his debut.

He scored 21 goals in the season but missed out on games towards the end of the season.

If this guy leaves Barcelona then alot of Barcelona fans will be upset, BUT they will be more upset if Robinho goes to them being from the Real Madrid stable.

Ibrahimovic is a top world striker when loved and wanted and he will upset alot of Barcelona fans if the deal for him goes through at the expense of an x Real Madrid player.

coms64 said:
Andouble said:
think at the end of the day it'll be Ibra, like it or not he is a 'big name' the ownership craves and Mancini loves him.

Only my 2 bobs worth.

When all the paper work was done and all monies paid out to different clubs regard compo and payoffs, the deal for Ibrahimovic to Barcelona was approx 70m euro, big money.

He holds a scoring record at Barcelona for scoring a goal in all the first 5 games of the season, this record stood for nearly 60 years.

He got the only goal in a 1-0 win against Real Madrid, do that for Barcelona and you are then treated like Denis Law from years ago or like Benjani from the present who scored over at old Trafford on his debut.

He scored 21 goals in the season but missed out on games towards the end of the season.

If this guy leaves Barcelona then alot of Barcelona fans will be upset, BUT they will be more upset if Robinho goes to them being from the Real Madrid stable.

Ibrahimovic is a top world striker when loved and wanted and he will upset alot of Barcelona fans if the deal for him goes through at the expense of an x Real Madrid player.

So do you reckon we'll get him?

avoidconfusion said:
coms64 said:
All this in house name calling is fecking pathetic.

Since this section of the Forum board was formed we have had posts started regarding all sorts of players coming and going from our club.

Since this section of the forum was formed we have people REPLY to posts started regarding all sorts of players coming and going from our club.

So Please correct me if I am missing the point with this forum.

This section is the Transfer Forum and it says FOR ALL TRANSFER RUMOURS, GOSSIP AND SPECULATION.

So, for those that do not understand how rumours, gossip and speculation are actually defined in the Cambridge advanced dictionary please read the 3 categories below.

Then after reading, those that are trading insults with ITK or WUMs or those that are being totally ( imo ) rude and insulting, the people that are posting things untrue or a little bit on the untruth side, they are only following what the title of this forum is.

Not once in the title does it say TRANSFER FORUM, NO bullshit or wind ups please.
If you don’t want RUMOURS GOSSIP OR SPECULATION then get the mods to rename the Transfer Forum.

Rumours: An unofficial interesting story or piece of news that might be true or invented, which quickly spreads from person to person.

Gossip: Conversation or reports about other people's private lives which might be unkind, disapproving or not true.

Speculation: When you guess possible answers to a question without having enough information to be certain.

Before anyone starts, yes only yadayadayada post in yadayadayada years,
to you my friend I say get a fecking grip of yourself.

Agree with all of the above. However, there is fair number of people on here who post bullshit, lies and WUMs on purpose, who claim to be connected or "in the know" when in fact they are just making things up. And they deserve all flak they get imho because they are not "just blues to post in good faith". They post to get attention and to wind people up.

A good example was chazmcfc who claimed to have seen M. Johnson completely pissed up when he was out injured last season. A member of the Mod/Admin team on here who knows Johnson proved that this was actually a lie because he was with Johnson at the claim chazmcfc insisted he had seen him (as far as I remember). On top of that he was also incredibly abusive so he deserved to be banned.

All i intended to do with the above post was to bring to everyones attention what rumour gossip and speculation means. What you have posted above falls into them brackets does it not?
Banning bullshit or windup merchants, then that is down to the mods.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:48 pm --<br /><br />
Hooch said:
coms64 said:
Only my 2 bobs worth.

So do you reckon we'll get him?

The way this transfer forum is going i fear for my life if i answer that question :)

the barca fans being pissed off with gettign Robinho for his Madrid connections rather than being a workshy egotistic numpty is an interesting one.

Without being bother to google, I cant from memeory think of anyone who has played for Barca after leaving Madrid.

Theres been a few int he other direction that I can think of.

hello said:
the barca fans being pissed off with gettign Robinho for his Madrid connections rather than being a workshy egotistic numpty is an interesting one.

Without being bother to google, I cant from memeory think of anyone who has played for Barca after leaving Madrid.

Theres been a few int he other direction that I can think of.

Alfonso Albéniz (Barça to Madrid) (1902)
Luciano Lizarraga (Madrid to Barça) (1905)
Charles Wallace (Barça to Madrid) (1906)
José Quirante (Barça to Madrid) (1906)
Alfonso Albéniz (Barça to Madrid) (1911)
Arsenio Comamala (Barça to Real Madrid) (1911)
Walter Rozitsky (Barça to Madrid) (1913)
Ricardo Zamora (Barça to Espanyol to Madrid) (1930)
Josep Samitier (Barça to Madrid) (1932)
Hilario Juan Marrero Pérez (Madrid to Valencia to Barça) (1939)
Alfonso Navarro (Barça to Madrid) (1950)
Justo Tejada (Barça to Madrid) (1961)
Jesús María Pereda (Real Madrid to Real Valladolid to Sevilla to Barça) (1961)
Evaristo de Macedo (Barça to Madrid) (1962)
Fernand Goyvaerts (Barça to Madrid) (1965)
Lucien Muller (Madrid to Barça) (1965)
Lorenzo Amador (Madrid to Hércules CF to Barça) (1980)
Bernd Schuster (Barça to Madrid) (1988)
Luis Milla (Barça to Madrid) (1990)
Gheorghe Hagi (Madrid to Brescia to Barça) (1991)
Fernando ”Nando” Muñoz (Barça to Madrid) (1992)
Julen Lopetegui (Madrid to CD Logroñés to Barça) (1994)
Michael Laudrup (Barça to Madrid) (1994)
Robert Prosinečki (Madrid to Real Oviedo to Barça) (1995)
Miquel Soler (Barça to Sevilla to Madrid) (1995)
Luis Enrique (Madrid to Barça) (1996)
Daniel García Lara (Madrid to Real Mallorca to Barça) (1999)
Luís Figo (Barça to Madrid) (2000)
Albert Celades (Barça to Celta Vigo to Real Madrid) (2000)
Alfonso Pérez (Madrid to Real Betis to Barça) (2000)
Ronaldo (Barça to Internazionale to Madrid) (2002)
Samuel Eto'o (Madrid to Real Mallorca to Barça) (2004)
Javier Saviola (Barça to Madrid) (2007)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.