A song for Erling...

Obviously all the old dudes will suggest 60s / 70s / 80s tunes from popular “beat combos” but it seems like the Haaland tune from Dortmund will be the winner and rightly so

What worries me is that several blocks around the ground will have their own lyrics and like many City chants it will just end up sounding like noise rather than a clearly audible song

Obviously all the old dudes will suggest 60s / 70s / 80s tunes from popular “beat combos” but it seems like the Haaland tune from Dortmund will be the winner and rightly so

What worries me is that several blocks around the ground will have their own lyrics and like many City chants it will just end up sounding like noise rather than a clearly audible song
If you think we're gonna grime rap, you're going to be disappointed. Yes there was a time when music was actually er music. There's a reason why the songs from the decades you apparently sneer at are being constantly deconstructed or sampled.

Last edited:
His name is erling haaland
He’s our Norwegian blue

He mauraders through defences and he’s gonna score a few.

His father was a Viking who also played for us,
… He’s angry with the scousers for smashing up our bus
(Or something about parked bus)

Now left (bounce bounce) now right (bounce bounce)
Using the snoklebollocks song rangers have

If you think we're gonna grime rap, you're going to be disappointed. Yes there was a time when music was actually er music. There's a reason why the songs from the decades you apparently sneer at are being constantly deconstructed or sampled.
Didn’t say that though did I ? I’m not sneering at anything - I grew up on late 70s and 80s music. I said we should use the tune that tens of thousands of young men on the yellow wall at Dortmund used to belt out - that’s more in the German folk category than grime I’m guessing

Similar to the “let all the oldies keep the away tickets until they die, we were there when we were shit” theory, suggesting singing songs from 20 or 30 yrs before today’s atmosphere makers were born isn’t gonna help the dying atmosphere at our games any more than filling the stands with pensioners is.

Pointless discussion anyhow, does anybody under 40 even know what Blue Moon is ? They probably use BeReal or TikTok or whatever to talk about City

'The Vikings’ 1958 film, influenced a famous City song - still sang today -

Chant
https://youtu.be/WGNwCYrIvJE
Where it came from

He's a viking and it seems so are we...you couldn’t make it up
match made in valhalla - lol

use THIS theme tune and get his name in - he'd fuckin love it

His name is erling haaland
He’s our Norwegian blue

He mauraders through defences and he’s gonna score a few.

His father was a Viking who also played for us,
… He’s angry with the scousers for smashing up our bus
(Or something about parked bus)

Now left (bounce bounce) now right (bounce bounce)
Using the snoklebollocks song rangers have

I was wrong above… that^ Rangers song is genuinely the worst song I’ve ever heard in the history of football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.