Adam Johnson admits he may quit City???

Mattyc55 said:
Not meaning to change the subject but I didnt think it was worthy of its own topic. Was speaking to a guy who does the PR for a lot of the players, basically does anything for them (getting them into clubs, restaurant bookings etc).. he was telling me that when Bobby picks the team, he just walks in the room, puts the team on the board and walks straight out - zero interaction with the players about why theyre playing/not playing, which has really had a few of them miffed. Might be utter tosh, hence not making a topic on it.

I expect the players to know where they are playing from training in midweek.
Players that are not picked will always drum things up, especially if they were brought to the club under a different manager. Mancini's only problem is results on the field. All the talk of dressing room going ons happen at every club, but is only highlighted when results go wrong, i.e. city lately, liverpool for a year now, even chelsea after sunday (chelsea supposedly lost to sunderland because ray wilkins wasnt on the bench and senior players are fuming!!!)

Didsbury Dave said:
WNRH said:
no he didn't you fool

Was there any need for this in what was largely a reasonable debate?

The debate was on Johnson, this was on Boyata and forevercity's constant mancini bashing.

blucat599 said:
forevercity if you are so unhappy hughes is not our manager anymore why don't you become foreverfulham and post on there, look where fulham are in the table, they have only won 2 games and DRAWN 8, hughes should be renamed the sketcher, he loves to draw!
The big difference is he hasn't got money to squander now, 18 million for RSC 24 million for the dosy lump Lescott...

im not a hughes fan, im a city fan. thats why ive had a season ticket for 13 years, have been to all but 4 matches this season, have got fulham and stoke tickets FFS.

on signings, who makes the spine of our team? Kompany (Hughes signing) Hart (Pearce signing) NDJ (Hughes) Tevez (Hughes). Silva will be towards the end of the season.

Didsbury Dave said:
WNRH said:
no he didn't you fool

Was there any need for this in what was largely a reasonable debate?
'Fool' is better than 'arsewipe' though.

blucat599 said:
forevercity if you are so unhappy hughes is not our manager anymore why don't you become foreverfulham and post on there, look where fulham are in the table, they have only won 2 games and DRAWN 8, hughes should be renamed the sketcher, he loves to draw!
The big difference is he hasn't got money to squander now, 18 million for RSC 24 million for the dosy lump Lescott...
What?? I don't think ANYBODY wants Hughes as manager. The comparisons are made as he was our last manager and there were a few people that thought he was sacked prematurely after a dip in form. If the same happened to RM now, people would feel the same way.

alan47 said:
Mattyc55 said:
Not meaning to change the subject but I didnt think it was worthy of its own topic. Was speaking to a guy who does the PR for a lot of the players, basically does anything for them (getting them into clubs, restaurant bookings etc).. he was telling me that when Bobby picks the team, he just walks in the room, puts the team on the board and walks straight out - zero interaction with the players about why theyre playing/not playing, which has really had a few of them miffed. Might be utter tosh, hence not making a topic on it.

I expect the players to know where they are playing from training in midweek.
Players that are not picked will always drum things up, especially if they were brought to the club under a different manager. Mancini's only problem is results on the field. All the talk of dressing room going ons happen at every club, but is only highlighted when results go wrong, i.e. city lately, liverpool for a year now, even chelsea after sunday (chelsea supposedly lost to sunderland because ray wilkins wasnt on the bench and senior players are fuming!!!)

I guess so, I just get the impression that hes a little too distant from the players; but thats his style, and I guess its worked in the past. Mourinho and him might be similar tactically, but if theres one thing that can be said about Mourinho, its that players WANT to play and win for him, and the pressure he puts on himself defers the pressure from the players. Wanting to win for your manager is a big thing (like the Rags with Fergie), and I just dont think Mancini has anything anywhere near that with our players. Obviously its all about hybrids and being one of the lads is not the be all and end all, but I'd like to think the players like playing for our manager; because if they dont, thats a big problem.

moomba said:
When you're challenged to change, and improve there's two ways things can go.

Knuckle down,accept the criticism (even if it damages your ego) and show you belong on the strength of your attitude and performances in training and matches when you get the opportunity.

Or you can shirk the issue, blame others and carry on the path you're already taking.

I hope he makes the right decision, all indications suggest that AJ thinks he knows best.

He may well live to regret that, whether Mancini is the manager or not that sort of attitude has no place at the club.

Thats bang on the money. I was shocked and surprised to see this in the papers. Lets be honest he has skill has he set this season alight I dont think so. We all knew he would have to improve yet again this season but it seems he is more interested on off field antics than knuckling down and winning a place in the team. Mancini has let go better quaility players than Johnson already so he would want to sort himself out or he will be next to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.