Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluecityste said:
Never had a problem supporting a city player before, but watching Johnson depresses me so much.

Despite the shenanigans last season with Tevez I feel much more of an affinity/connection with him than with a player like Johnson.

Limited ability, poor work ethic, slow, slow, slow, miserable attitude (first down the tunnel at the community shield) hyped up due to his (to be fair) consistent goal scoring for a bit part player and BRITISH heritage - if he was foreign no one would want him anywhere near the first team.

Can't wait to see the back of him.

Sensible post this and sums up AJ pretty well I feel.

bluecityste - cold and realistic post.

AJ is far too slow..
To be on the wing, you have to be a good passer&crosser,quick.

thingz said:
bluecityste - cold and realistic post.

AJ is far too slow..
To be on the wing, you have to be a good passer&crosser,quick.
And Bobby is looking for a team of players who can play in more than one position, even then AJ has been found out by kost teams within 20 minutes of him being on the pitch. Yes he scores goals but only against the smaller clubs just like the grannyshagger over the road does, but because they are english they are gods in the tabloids!

The clubs that he is being linked with tells you all you need to know.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Rags and top teams in Europe are not exactly falling over themselves to sign him.

Clubs aspiring for a 6th - 10th finish is about his level.

B\connellblue said:
Can anyone explain to me why we gave him a contract extension last November and a substantial pay rise to boot. Strange, no?

It looks like we tried the old trick of extendingd his contract with a view to maximising his transfer value. Unfortunately, like Ade his high salary negates all that.

One question for his supporters......If Adam Johnson is good enough, why hasn't he managed to prove it yet?

Adam Johnson is a poor man's Arjen Robben. He can only really do one thing well and once defenders figured him out he became ineffective.

We won't get much more for him than we paid for him and management is happy for him to stay and fight for a place.

His "dream" when growing up was to play for Sunderland and only a club like City can help him fulfill that dream.

I am happy to see him have game time especially against the clubs in the lower half of the table because he will do things that improve our chances of victory but if that's not good enough for him then so be it.

Replacing him with Sinclair or the likes would not help us that much imo though.

AJ is very annoying to watch over 90 minutes. he has that classic winger trait where its ok to disappear for 60 minutes then do a flick or take the piss for a moment and you think you've had a good game.

i want to see someone that will bust a bollock with a bit of flair. i think sinclair will do that.

mancity1 said:
We won't get much more for him than we paid for him and management is happy for him to stay and fight for a place.

His "dream" when growing up was to play for Sunderland and only a club like City can help him fulfill that dream.

I am happy to see him have game time especially against the clubs in the lower half of the table because he will do things that improve our chances of victory but if that's not good enough for him then so be it.

Replacing him with Sinclair or the likes would not help us that much imo though.

if we get 12-15m for him and pay 5m for sinclair i'd say was good business by bobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.