Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
ifiwasarichfan said:
Why do people presume he doesn't work hard. He is a great player and I will be really sad to see him go.

Since being with us he has got himself in the England set up and he has won an FA Cup Medal and helped us win the Premiership. We will also make a healthy profit on him.

i wish him all the best.

I am talking about giving his all ON THE PITCH based on watching him in every game he has played for us; if you watch City and you think the works hard on the pitch please feel free to say so???

Never had a problem supporting a city player before, but watching Johnson depresses me so much.

Despite the shenanigans last season with Tevez I feel much more of an affinity/connection with him than with a player like Johnson.

Limited ability, poor work ethic, slow, slow, slow, miserable attitude (first down the tunnel at the community shield) hyped up due to his (to be fair) consistent goal scoring for a bit part player and BRITISH heritage - if he was foreign no one would want him anywhere near the first team.

Can't wait to see the back of him.

AJ is well known around the Wilmslow and Alderley Edge bars. He likes his women and his drink. Thats fair enough but we are at a high level now and we cant be having players around the squad with his sort of attitude. Honestly think its a good move to get rid now.

Sinclair is similar in terms of the goals and assists he will bring. Hes younger, still english and the reported fee is half what we could get for AJ by all accounts.

Plus you have to assume his wages will be significantly less as well the way we are running things now. So surely a good bit of business to sell him now and bring Sinclair in ?

alera said:
AJ is well known around the Wilmslow and Alderley Edge bars. He likes his women and his drink. Thats fair enough but we are at a high level now and we cant be having players around the squad with his sort of attitude. Honestly think its a good move to get rid now.

Sinclair is similar in terms of the goals and assists he will bring. Hes younger, still english and the reported fee is half what we could get for AJ by all accounts.

Plus you have to assume his wages will be significantly less as well the way we are running things now. So surely a good bit of business to sell him now and bring Sinclair in ?

Sinclair had half his goals from the penalty spot

I think Scott Sinclair would be a better choice as he will work back more. As RM, throughout every game Johnson plays screams at him to get back, which he does only a small amount. Everyone can read AJ like a book. Plays on the right- Cuts in side shoots. Whereas Sinclair will be more of a two footed player. Just like we saw him do against QPR first game of the season.

bluecityste said:
Never had a problem supporting a city player before, but watching Johnson depresses me so much.

Despite the shenanigans last season with Tevez I feel much more of an affinity/connection with him than with a player like Johnson.

Limited ability, poor work ethic, slow, slow, slow, miserable attitude (first down the tunnel at the community shield) hyped up due to his (to be fair) consistent goal scoring for a bit part player and BRITISH heritage - if he was foreign no one would want him anywhere near the first team.

Can't wait to see the back of him.
I agree cannot stand his attitude. Compare him to Milner who´s hardworking humble and unselfish to to AJ, Lazy, arrogant and selfish. Cannot wait to see him leave.

alera said:
AJ is well known around the Wilmslow and Alderley Edge bars. He likes his women and his drink.

Young lad likes women & going out shocker.

I think AJ is a better player than many on here give him credit for. He helped win some valuable points last season in some games where we were struggling to breakthrough. I don't think Sinclair is as good as he is, but if Bobby wants him out then I'll trust his judgement.

Juan King said:
alera said:
AJ is well known around the Wilmslow and Alderley Edge bars. He likes his women and his drink.

I think AJ is a better player than many on here give him credit for. He helped win some valuable points last season in some games where we were struggling to breakthrough. I don't think Sinclair is as good as he is, but if Bobby wants him out then I'll trust his judgement.
it's not the going out that's the problem

it's the getting completely shit faced on lager and sambuka chasers that are the problem
no professional sportsperson should be falling down drunk more regularly than they play games

I think it's a decent deal if we get Sinclair - he's quick, which is something we've lacked the last couple of seasons when Plan A isn't working. Plus he's young & can still improve. After Silva's attempt at a penalty on Sunday it can only be a good thing if he's good at pens as well! Johnson may be technically slightly better but he's one-paced and rather predictable; he's a good player but I think Sinclair will suit us better for what we need right now.

Juan King said:
alera said:

80K a week and playing for the best team in the country should ensure he acts professionally,at 25 he needs to fuckin grow up.

A privelaged lifestyle has it's fabulous rewards,unfortunately there are also sacrifices to be made,this plum hasn't figured that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.