Additional time

We'll see at the end of the season if it is being applied fairly or not.

Given that Tierney played until they scored, and then blew the final whistle when we had a 5 on 3 advantage, about to cross the the halfway line, my money is on not.
Tierney would have done well to blow the final whistle today given he wasn't at Wembley today...

The really obvious solution is to introduce a match clock that freezes when time is being wasted. I don’t want it freezing when the ball is out of play as that is just normal. Just whenever a team is deemed to be wasting time by the official, stop the clock and resume when they decide to play football again. Then absolutely everyone can see clearly how much time is left.

But the current method allows them to manipulate matches under a cloud of ambiguity, so will of course be much preferred.
You literally cannot waste time when the ball is in play (except goalkeepers when they hold it for 25 seconds). This nonsense will turn into a fucking shitshow where referees have no clue what they are doing. 8 minutes today..... really. Maybe 5 max. It's gonna be open season on refs, pigmol, oh my lord.....

Seems to me that this is probably just going to be yet another way for them to dictate results.

Also I notice they keep introducing things but not in a clear and transparent way.
It is for this reason. Time wasting is annoying but fans don’t want to be hanging around all day waiting for games to finish. Imagine being 5-0 down and then having to play 13 mins extra! One rule change after another. It won’t benefit us at all.

As soon as they put 3 minutes up in a rags or dippers game that they are hanging onto a goal lead, then it will all revert back to normal.
Every new season they come out with a new rule book, but they never make it last the duration of a full season.
Just another ploy to help their chosen few

Ah, but when we might be chasing a goal the added time will never reach double figures!
You can't timewaste when the ball is in play, except when the goalie holds it for ages. If he drops it to the ground, it's in play. Surely 6 subs at the same time is 30 seconds to a minute tops...... not 3 minutes. Not thought this stuff out properly obviously and it will get stupid. Howard Webb is a yes man, Stuart Attwell is weak and not fit for purpose. Popcorn time this season.

I’m not impressed with the new rules. 8 minutes? Pep is livid so am I. Also bookings rule. Arsenal player didn’t deserve a booking. A foul yes not a booking. Alverez too . Not good for the game this.more injuries to player’s health as far as I’m concerned. Too many games and too mush time added on it’s not good. Then I saw that stupid head of refs in the stands that ex Man U ref. Oh well done not

Just feels like an excuse for them to knock prices up again. "Football games are now 10% longer so that'll be a 10% increase on ticket prices thanks very much".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.