Additional time

Sadly although I think in theory its not a bad idea in reality combined with VAR its going to make games far easier for officials to "manipulate" (just look at old trafford last year),
Yesterday there was no way 8mins should have been added in the first place but because it was a shiny new rule they wanted to try out we all knew it would be around 7-10 mins added just to show everyone what might happen in games this year,
The people at the top really dont want us winning the league again this year so its going to be quite interesting to see how they use VAR & this new timekeeping rule to try & screw us over,
Hopefully we are good enough to get round any weird decisions but its going to be interesting watching them try :-)

Sadly although I think in theory its not a bad idea in reality combined with VAR its going to make games far easier for officials to "manipulate" (just look at old trafford last year),
Yesterday there was no way 8mins should have been added in the first place but because it was a shiny new rule they wanted to try out we all knew it would be around 7-10 mins added just to show everyone what might happen in games this year,
The people at the top really dont want us winning the league again this year so its going to be quite interesting to see how they use VAR & this new timekeeping rule to try & screw us over,
Hopefully we are good enough to get round any weird decisions but its going to be interesting watching them try :-)

Like other new rules that happen to pop up in City`s first game of the seasons it could be forgotten about very quickly.

I mentioned this on another thread. If they are going to add so much then it should be an official time keeper with possibly an observer from both clubs to ensure fair play.

It will be interesting to see if substitution tactics change - we have often seen changes made at 60-70 minutes to freshen up the midfield or add a quick attacker. We may see that change delayed now to ensure that the finishing players are better supported by fresh players. And the 88min sub to waste a bit a time and give a young player a couple of minutes on the pitch will end as that 88min sub needs to be able to control a game for the last 10-15 min.

And as for Pep's refusal to make substitutions in tight games ... that may be getting rethought.

Yesterday I just felt that tosser Attwell would keep playing until a very tired City team conceded and that's what happened. In theory it's not a bad idea as time wasting by teams, especially at our place, has driven me mad. It needs tweaking though to make it fairer. Both teams should have separate timekeepers. Therefore if a team has wasted twelve minutes and concedes near the end of a game, but we have only wasted five minutes, they get the five minutes we have wasted, if that makes sense?

I just had a thought added time is going to favour the cheats.

The time wasting team going 1-nil down with 5 minutes to play. The times wasting team than get award an extra 11 minutes to score an equaliser.
It allows teams that waste time in order to get their breath back - to continue to do so - in fact we may see more injuries at 90 minutes - when they know how much is being added on and need a break to gather themselves ready for the last 10-15.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.