Additional time

Manufactured bollocks,and just another thing to ruin the game.

That added time yesterday was a joke.
There was the obligatory Arsenal drinks break around 57 mins which took about 2 minutes, and City’s celebrations I suppose. Can’t think of more than 5 or 6 minutes total in the second half, it really was played quite fairly with no time-wasting or VAR checks.

Again it’s a good idea that will be implemented badly by the Premier League. If they’re keeping a tally of the minutes to add on during each half then surely they could put a notification on the screens as the halves progress. So after each stoppage the additional time is updated.

Yesterday was a pre-meditated exercise by the PL/refs to show the power they have now. I’m not against adding the time on but it will be abused. Those involved in relegation fights at the end of the season, perhaps unsure if they need a win or draw, will be interesting games.

I watched the game and in the 90 mins I never seen any time wasting the only one was when arsenal player went down and they had a team talk for 2mins subs wise was it 4/5 times stopped for the bulk subs so thats 45 seconds per stoppage to bring them on so 5/6 mins added now if the ref stops his watch for something else you can easily get to 8mins!

The allocated time is 30 seconds per sub as a minimum. 8 subs were used today in the second half so thats 4 minutes to start with.
Except the two that Arse made towards the end took 20 seconds in total. Timekeeping has been a joke for years and it’s going to get worse. Look how many times we have been winning 5-0 and despite six subs, goal celebrations, an injury and time wasting the ref has added on three minutes as if to say what the point. I suspect this nonsense won’t last long as managers will start to question why so long has been added on. I reckon six minutes maximum should have been added yesterday. Would be interesting to know what the ball in play time was yesterday compared to our games last year.

I didnt think there was much time wasting yesterday and was expecting around 4 minutes added time.

Going by yesterday I expect some games at the Etihad to be around 20 added minutes each half.

Once the tv companys start moaning that this is ruining their running times and losing advertising time, it will ho back to the normal 4 minutes

Simple thing is for the ref to ref the game correctly and book time wasters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.