ade explains

Bluemoon115 said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
oh sorry mr. perfect you ignorant prick

why dont we all just make assumptions about people based on a few words and what mood we're in. oh yeah lets go round calling people insensitive too just cos they dont share our opinion... dickhead
Nothing to do with not sharing my opinion, it's to do with you having a go at a guy in such a situation because of what shirt he wears, which does make you insensitive (maybe you should look the word up, you don't seem to be too bright).
Not too bright, eh? Well im up for an IQ test...

If i were you i would look at the facts and check my previous comments on this thread (all 2 of them!) one was a balanced opinion of the situation and the second was answering to your claim.

Was is insensitive about saying that this incident is finished and should be put to bed? TBF youre talkin out your arse

Apologies just saw the second vid and I didnt know about the press officer being his friend.

How did we get a city shirt out to him so fast by the way?!?

Mancityfans.net'er said:
Apologies just saw the second vid and I didnt know about the press officer being his friend.

How did we get a city shirt out to him so fast by the way?!?

we'll never know. I shudder to think what would have happened if it genuinely hadn't been possible. although to some really nice people on this board, it appears to makes no difference, it's all lies and PR.

my name is not Matt Bianco "Badge?!", really gettin desperate now aren't you, anyway I really can't bear posting, let alone reading any of this shit anymore, I hope to never have anything to do with some of you on here again tbh, bye

Well I for one was on Ade's case yesterday .

I feel for the guy and I think he has been through a terrible ordeal, I haven't and hope I never experience something similar I can't begin to imagine what the poor blokes mental state is like .

But and it's still my opinion rightly or wrongly ,depending which side of this arguement your on ,that he should not have done his press interviews wearing an Arsenal shirt .

I have however been wrong before and have also been known to be a bit of an insensitive c@nt .

There is however no getting away from the fact that we are turning from a nation of "showing a stiff upper lip " to one that seems to revel and become involved in other peoples death and misery , I still blame Diana for this or maybe I'm just getting old.

Anyway at the end of all this we will still all be Blues and all any of us really wants is for the big fella to get well and be back banging em in wearing a CITY shirt .

fair enough ozzie. I thought you were a wind up merchant, to be honest, when I saw what you'd wrote!

but to err is human and all that

it's just the one's who won't admit they made any sort of mistake or are still clinging to the idea that this shows he is unfit to wear the shirt ever again.... the ones who, after 24 hours, still haven't raised an ounce of compassion or understanding for the guy, they seem to think that the shirt is really what matters in all of this.

I'm kind of with you on the Diana thing, but this is maybe a little different. Ade's still here, still going through it. if people had laid into diana's boys a couple of days after the crash, that would have been out of order, and so was this, only, maybe it's worse, cos Ade was probably the number one target. I don't see it as remotely feeble or soft to give people a bit of space, and a bit of compassion in these circumstances. it's the way it should be. if our society stands for anything, surely it's for the good of people who find themselves deep in the worst kind shit through no fault of their own. most of us know what losing someone is like, but in this way? it's not clever to start judging someone who is in extreme circumstances, because a: most of what they do is down to the grief, the shock, they all act out and lose the plot to a certain extent, and b: they just don't need it. does 'em no good. ade's one of ours. everyone got a clean slate when mancini arrived, why not ade. all he has to do is play half as well as he did at the beginning of the season, and we're laughing. honestly tho, if he doesn't, does it mean he's a bit of a c*nt? or could it happen to anyone who'd been through that.

You know I spent a lot of my life up North, and a lot of those days were the bad days, and a lot of things happened all the time up there, and without going into detail, you've things happening that left shells of people where they used to stand, and you're never really the same after that. But rarely if ever was anyone thrown in front of the cameras the way this lad was.

It happens all around the world, it happens, it has happened and unfortunately it will keep happening.

They live in this bubble where professional football is so caught up in itself and the importance we think it holds, and they are protected and adored. Sheltered from the outside world.

The poor lad, all of them, experienced this horror, that brought this nice little comfy world of the professional football player crashing down into the real world, and he (along with everyone else there) is shoved in front of the cameras and asked to describe every detail and make sense of it all, why.. God knows, he's captain, he's the most popular player there so to speak, so we have the press treating it like a drama, making it tv. We've all seen the images of the players crying, we've all seen his interviews. Something that I'm sure he hated doing but someone had to do it.
But for me, he's upheld himself admirably. And should be praised for it.

No but instead we've 19 pages on what jersey he wore in an interview, we make this massive deal about what jersey he wore. I mean give the lad a break.
There really is the football world and the real world. And you read these posts and these topics and you wonder where the hell did it all become so blurred.

And these pointless topics just appear, one after the other, about the clothes he wore..how unprofessional and disrespectful that was..how great must their lives be of the people who thought this, because believe me, that's the last thing this lad was thinking about. I mean you read topics like lets have a minutes laughter at the expense of United. Every second post almost is about poor old City being bullied by United fans all those years, and it's draining and embarasing to read the level of bitterness and revenge people would love, all because one team was more succesfull then the other. Because it's what everyone wants on here more than anything, I mean when did we become so pathetic. Have we nothing better to be concerned about or talk about instead of wasting or time whinging over every comment and dig we seem to love taking personally. Have we nothing at all better to do.
It seems to me that the only one who has screwed up priorities are us.

When you put all this crap that the forum is filled with, up next to what happened, it makes everything else quite ordinary and pointless and meaningless. Or at least it should. But no, instead you've Jim, Joe and John screaming from the rooftops about just how great it is that we have it, and how unfair it is, how discraceful and unprofessional it was to see Ade in that jersey, how he should get his priorities right..etc

What has this sport made of us all....

i found that moving, macca.

I've never experienced this sort of violence with my own eyes. still, priorities and perspective shouldn't be the preserve of people who've lived amidst extreme violence. I would have thought that anyone who calls themselves a grown up has heard and seen enough suffering of one sort or another to have the capability to imagine for ourselves, to empathise. there is a gravity in this situation that it seems some just don't want to, or are unable to accept.

who knows why?

if anything good came out of this, it was that the initial controversy meant that EVERYONE watched the second interview. I could ask myself why the only thing they took from the first interview was their shirt, but...

forgive them, they know not what they do.

IrishMacca said:
You know I spent a lot of my life up North, and a lot of those days were the bad days, and a lot of things happened all the time up there, and without going into detail, you've things happening that left shells of people where they used to stand, and you're never really the same after that. But rarely if ever was anyone thrown in front of the cameras the way this lad was.

It happens all around the world, it happens, it has happened and unfortunately it will keep happening.

They live in this bubble where professional football is so caught up in itself and the importance we think it holds, and they are protected and adored. Sheltered from the outside world.

The poor lad, all of them, experienced this horror, that brought this nice little comfy world of the professional football player crashing down into the real world, and he (along with everyone else there) is shoved in front of the cameras and asked to describe every detail and make sense of it all, why.. God knows, he's captain, he's the most popular player there so to speak, so we have the press treating it like a drama, making it tv. We've all seen the images of the players crying, we've all seen his interviews. Something that I'm sure he hated doing but someone had to do it.
But for me, he's upheld himself admirably. And should be praised for it.

No but instead we've 19 pages on what jersey he wore in an interview, we make this massive deal about what jersey he wore. I mean give the lad a break.
There really is the football world and the real world. And you read these posts and these topics and you wonder where the hell did it all become so blurred.

And these pointless topics just appear, one after the other, about the clothes he wore..how unprofessional and disrespectful that was..how great must their lives be of the people who thought this, because believe me, that's the last thing this lad was thinking about. I mean you read topics like lets have a minutes laughter at the expense of United. Every second post almost is about poor old City being bullied by United fans all those years, and it's draining and embarasing to read the level of bitterness and revenge people would love, all because one team was more succesfull then the other. Because it's what everyone wants on here more than anything, I mean when did we become so pathetic. Have we nothing better to be concerned about or talk about instead of wasting or time whinging over every comment and dig we seem to love taking personally. Have we nothing at all better to do.
It seems to me that the only one who has screwed up priorities are us.

When you put all this crap that the forum is filled with, up next to what happened, it makes everything else quite ordinary and pointless and meaningless. Or at least it should. But no, instead you've Jim, Joe and John screaming from the rooftops about just how great it is that we have it, and how unfair it is, how discraceful and unprofessional it was to see Ade in that jersey, how he should get his priorities right..etc

What has this sport made of us all....

AMEN

I posted my opinion on page one of this thread, Irish Macca has worded my sentiments perfectly

Im not sure if the second interview has been linked, but here it is

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid29318049001?bctid=61603938001

If people cannot forget the stupid shirtgate after watching this, they really need to go and do some sort of charity work in Africa or something to strip their lives back to the REAL WORLD, and see what actually really matters in this life.

City hold a big part of my life, but it comes second to my Wife, Children and Work. I do not hold a season ticket anymore since the family came along and my work commitments increased. This does not mean i have any less love for my team and I am in anyway less a fan/support of City than those who go home and away, I applaud all of those who are blessed, able and can afford to do so, its just other things ARE more important. Its the same in this Ade situation too.

City are NOT the be all and end all of this world

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.