Adebayor charged (Merged)

Re: Breaking News. Adebayor charged with ...

SWP's back said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Clattenburg#Top_flight_and_international_refereeing

Have a look at the bottom of his "top flight and international reffing" bit.

Ha ha class.

alera said:
What can they give him for the celebration realistically. Has any other player ever got a match ban for celebrating on the field of play.
The elder Chuckle was charged with improper conduct and received a 5000 fine.Here's the clip,which to me is far more aggressive and inflammatory than Ade's?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=bNbZA01XSoU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... NbZA01XSoU</a>

If we have to pick Benjani we pick Benjani, he will be itching for the chance to prove himself at the end of the day. If Santa Cruz is still not match fit so be it.

There is enough creativity in the side for Tevez or Ireland to smash one in on off BENJI'S arse or the side of his face.

0-1 to City IMO.

From Mark Hughes' comments since the game on Saturday, it appears that the Club's position on the incident with Van Persie is that the ref got a good look at what occurred between the two players and waved play on. The fact that City's statement states that 'The Club is considering its position in relation to both matters' would suggest they are going to appeal, and that the above is their likely argument - probably coupled with an assertion that Van Persie's initial tackle was also a sending off offence.

Anyone got any idea of the likelihood that this argument will be successful?

Dont know why we are all complaining.....he was bound to be charged, and if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be crying out for a ban.

But as in Eduardo's case with UEFA, if the FA cant 'prove' it was intentional then surely they cant ban him. Im sure that wont be the case though.

Funny just watched it again on SSN and it clearly shows the ref stood 3 feet away watching the whole incident... I suggest someone with an email address for the FA should mention this and attach the footage to the email. Also I would point out that Ade was booked for the goal celebration yet RVP has not been issued with even a warning! Double standards and all points that need to be brought up. I would also pass these facts onto City for their defence (I realise they are not stupid and probably will use these anyway but...)
Also to all the media that leach onto our site, why dont you do something right for once and bring these facts up through your media outlets? Show the world your not complete twats and are not one sided or against City.

The funny thing is the Rags will be more happy than I am upset, that says it all really.

BurnCK said:
Dont know why we are all complaining.....he was bound to be charged, and if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be crying out for a ban.

But as in Eduardo's case with UEFA, if the FA cant 'prove' it was intentional then surely they cant ban him. Im sure that wont be the case though.

Maybe so but it's the inconsistency that really "grinds my gears" Just today Arsenal have told UEFA that Eduardo shouldn't be banned and the FA that Ade should.

not my fault! said:
Funny just watched it again on SSN and it clearly shows the ref stood 3 feet away watching the whole incident...

The ref also made the signal with his hands to play on. To say he didn't see the incident is a flat out lie.

He will probably kop for a £5k fine for the celebration to match the Neville incident. Which whilst isn't justified is merely a slap on the wrist. The three game ban for the alleged stamp is the least we could expect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.