Adebayor charged (Merged)

Re: Breaking News. Adebayor charged with ...

Optimus Prime said:
From Mark Hughes' comments since the game on Saturday, it appears that the Club's position on the incident with Van Persie is that the ref got a good look at what occurred between the two players and waved play on. The fact that City's statement states that 'The Club is considering its position in relation to both matters' would suggest they are going to appeal, and that the above is their likely argument - probably coupled with an assertion that Van Persie's initial tackle was also a sending off offence.

Anyone got any idea of the likelihood that this argument will be successful?

None whatsoever. For the argument to be successful the FA would have to actually give a shit what City say, if we appeal the FA will have a nice little hearing, let City say their piece, and then go with what they've already decided.

What I want to know is the max penalty they can give for his celebration and what is the worst that has been given to a player for "Inproper conduct" in the past. Surely a fine is the worst punishement thats ever ben given out for this ?

At the moment it seems to be a 3 match ban for the alleged stamp which is less than I was expecting I dont think they will challenge the stamp but will argue he has already been punished for the celebration and no other player has ever received a ban for that offence.

Still think he will end up with a 6 match ban overall :(

Look who’s 6th on the list..................

The Decision Makers
Members of the Main Board are the non-executive directors of The FA.

Lord Triesman (Independent Chairman)
Ian Watmore
Dave Henson (n)
Michael Game (n)
Phil Gartside (p)
David Gill (p)
Roger Burden (n)
Neil Doncaster (f)
Sir David Richards (Vice Chairman) (p)
John Ward (n)
David Sheepshanks (f)
Barry Bright (Vice Chairman) (n)

FantasyIreland said:
alera said:
What can they give him for the celebration realistically. Has any other player ever got a match ban for celebrating on the field of play.
The elder Chuckle was charged with improper conduct and received a 5000 fine.Here's the clip,which to me is far more aggressive and inflammatory than Ade's?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=bNbZA01XSoU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=e ... NbZA01XSoU</a>

as much as i hate Gary Neville...i really admire him here...its funny as fuck

Optimus Prime said:
Anyone got any idea of the likelihood that this argument will be successful?

Zero, but it will be a good opportunity to at least put forward our side of the story against the corrupt and dishonest FA.

BurnCK said:
Dont know why we are all complaining.....he was bound to be charged, and if the shoe was on the other foot we'd be crying out for a ban.

But as in Eduardo's case with UEFA, if the FA cant 'prove' it was intentional then surely they cant ban him. Im sure that wont be the case though.

Because as fans of Manchester City we should and would always be behind our own players, this involves one of our own not someone from another club! Like you say if it was someone else then yeh we would cry out for a ban but it's not so.... No other fucker gives us any help or supposrt so we need to do it ourselves, we are now the team that everyone fears including the FA, Fifa etc etc.

I'd come out and say Ade is prepared to take a lie detector test to prove he did not intentionally stamp on RVP. They would run a mile because of the problems that could cause.

It's the super slo-mo that does for him and it is extremely flawed IMO. The incident at normal speed doesn't seem bad at all and certainly no Arsenal player saw it as premeditated.

Blue Phil said:
alera said:
What can they give him for the celebration realistically. Has any other player ever got a match ban for celebrating on the field of play.

Its a joke the fa are taking no action over RVPs challenge, the arsenal fans rioting and assault + RVP celebration.
rat head neville?

£5k fine - no ban

Sent this to Sky, won't achieve anything but felt good to have my rant

How can Mark Clattenberg say he didn't see the incident? He is shown clearly on your coverage 5 yards away with an unobstructed view looking directly at it.

If his eyesight is that bad what is he doing in the refereeing game?

As for the celebration, can you please find out from the FA when the "double jeopardy rules" ceased to exist.

Kind regards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.