Adebayor charged (Merged)

Re: Breaking News. Adebayor charged with ...

Matty said:
ssg2 said:
What does that prove? The panel has to be made up of people from other clubs, it shouldn't but it is. If ex players were on the panel people would kick up a fuss about bias etc.
He'll get 3 matches for his stamp and a fine for his celebration and a warning over his future conduct.
Some of the paranoia on here is embarassing.
What's you view on Clattenburg "not seeing" the incident? Without his Stevie Wonder style ability to look directly at the incident yet not see it at all the Violent Conduct charge would have been inadmissable.

It brings his ability to referee into question. As well as his honesty. And credibility.

I wonder how he would perform in the witness box if our lawyers were able to mount a legal challenge?

Optimus Prime said:
I agree - some of the paranoia is embarassing.

However, can you give me any precedent for this 'fast-track' system ever having been used before - any previous example would do. I may be wrong, in which case fair enough, but I can't ever recall having heard about this before.

From memory, a player usually gets to play the next game after an incident due to the disciplinary process not having been completed yet. It seems that they have fabricated this fast-track system out of thin air, which is bizarre to say the least
Here you go...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2352887/FA-hit-back-at-Ferguson-protest.html

blightee said:
they would of threatened clattenberg with suspension/perma tan from the premier league if he said he saw it

*edited for accuracy

blightee said:
they would of threatened clattenberg with suspension/perma ban from the premier league if he said he saw it
That's a shame isn't it. Getting the sack/suspension for not doing your job properly.
It doesn't apply to anyone in the media spotlight though.
But if you or I are caught not doing our jobs properly, off we pop to the dole queue.

There is not complete agreement on here about the substance of the charges, no worries. Is there agreement about the process or not?

Didn't want to be a pessimist, but I said he'd be charged and banned on the other thread after watching the replay 10 times there is a bit where adebayor looks down and the 1 second thinking time shows his reaction, a sharp movement of his right leg coming down on RVP's hand. I still think the contact with his face was an accident and gutted he won't be available for the rags. As for the violent conduct against the arse fans, is way over the top. The FA need to play fair and punish the top four if they commit anything similar, doubt they won't though cos they seem to get away with everything.

overthebluemoon said:
HesTheKompanyVincent said:
Anyone got an E-mail adress for the FA?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/WhoWeAre/ContactUs.aspx</a>

You need to register and become a "FAN" as I'm not an England fan I dont want to do this. So does anyone have a direct email to the FA?
Thanks though.

TOFTHELADS said:
Look who’s 6th on the list..................

The Decision Makers
Members of the Main Board are the non-executive directors of The FA.

Lord Triesman (Independent Chairman)
Ian Watmore
Dave Henson (n)
Michael Game (n)
Phil Gartside (p)
David Gill (p)
Roger Burden (n)
Neil Doncaster (f)
Sir David Richards (Vice Chairman) (p)
John Ward (n)
David Sheepshanks (f)
Barry Bright (Vice Chairman) (n)
I don't think this group has any jurisdiction on disciplinary matters.

i see skies of blue said:
To be fair, the two charges are justified.

With such a high profile match with tensions from former players appearing against their previous clubs, the little things are always going to be picked up on. The RVP "stamp" was deliberate, although not perhaps as subtle as Ade intended. From some angles and at full speed you could claim it was accidental, or he was trying to avoid standing on him for example, but from another you can clearly see the twist of the ankle and the additional force put in to the "step". Yes, there are countless events that go in in games which should be punished that don't, but the fact is his foot intentionally caught him on the head whilst he was on the floor and drew blood. Violent conduct = three game ban. Sorry but it's true!

you forgot about the part where van persie turned his head around. if he didnt ade would be kicking the top of his head. if it even was intentional, it was never to poke an eye out. even kungfu masters might not have that precision when the target is dynamic.

Regarding the celebration, he shouldn't have done it, it was wrong and it caused trouble. Ade had already been talking in the press about how the fans hate him which would have antagonised the crowd further. You are always going to have the "banter" from the fans but to be honest it goes way too far sometimes, even from City fans. The City players, Toure, Given and Bellamy amongst others realised the seriousness of the incedent and very quickly pulled him away. Again, this kind of incident is not without precedent, but after the West Ham/Millwall debacle the FA are taking a hard line on incitement and crowd unrest. If we're lucky we'll get away with claiming it should only be a fine/wrist slapping but I can see a ban for this too in the current climate.

we all agreed it was poor taste ok. but this is subjective, and the fact that other acts of similar nature go unpunished is the reason why people are not happy about it.

We aren't powerful enough to blag our way out of this yet, we might not have high profile members of our board or fans in high positions in the FA, but the fact remains that both incidents were wrong and if it happened the other way round we'd be screaming for punishment to be handed out. It is going to be a long, hard season and we will do ourselves no favours with incidents like this. As a club we need to be 100% above board on all issues on and off the field, whiter than white and rise above it all, otherwise we're just giving them ammunition to shoot us down. Rose tinted spectacles off guys, this is now where it gets serious....

when we scream for punishment, our efforts are not heard (swp, the recent rvp, the racial abuse of the arsenal fanse, etc.). but when other clubs do it, somehow we get more than we deserve. thats the issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.