Adebayor gone (& we aren't paying his wages)

Re: Adebayor is soon to be gone

Joga Bonito said:
taggeddogga said:
The reason he wont take a pay cut isnt because hes greedy. Its because the majority of his wages go to charity and if he takes a pay cut the charity gets less money. By staying in the reserves he may be losing years on his career but hes saving lives and helping others which is more important in the long run.
Bullshit, majority of his wages going to charity?

What a load of shite! I wonder who's PR Agency put that story out!

Phuket Blue said:
Joga Bonito said:
taggeddogga said:
The reason he wont take a pay cut isnt because hes greedy. Its because the majority of his wages go to charity and if he takes a pay cut the charity gets less money. By staying in the reserves he may be losing years on his career but hes saving lives and helping others which is more important in the long run.

You can always google adebayor charity. Pretty sure he funds 2 or 3 of them in africa

taggeddogga said:
Phuket Blue said:
Joga Bonito said:
You can always google adebayor charity. Pretty sure he funds 2 or 3 of them in africa
If that nonsense is true then City can pay the charities directly instead of to him. That way we might get a tax rebate or is that what Adebayor is after?

Phuket Blue said:
Joga Bonito said:
taggeddogga said:

That would probably be Bellamy's.

Am no tax expert and certainly don't doubt that Ade's chosen charities do well from him but I would imagine that there are also tax breaks available to players who set up Charitable Trusts.

Maybe someone could shed some light on this?

As for Ade himself, he wore out his welcome with Hughes in the few short months after his arrival. He and Robinho were left out of the Sunderland game IIRC when everyone knew it was curtains.

Balti said:
slicky202 said:
for god sake is it really worth playing for the youth team for a few extra quid. why cant this idiot realise he might aswell go somewhere he's wanted before they change their mind. its only a short career so why spend it as a hanger on at a place where your not wanted

cos he's a greedy twat?

only explanation. it is crazy how greedy players can actually be.

TGR said:
I've posted on this before...
Ade ia 100% adamant that he will not take a single penny less than his £180K a week for the FULL length of his contract regardless of what happens. If he trains with the kids - then fine if he's being paid £180K a week. If he doesn't play at all - fine, just pay me £180K a week please. Move to Spurs? Fine - just cut the deal so i get paid out the equivilant of £180K for the full term of my contract. I know the landlord of the house he rented when he was playing for us. He also paid cash out of his own money to have an indoor swimming pool fitted in the house! You couldn't make it up!

We all know that and City have agreed to make up the difference for the 2 remaining years of the contract he still has with us. Oh that and it has never been 180k a week

taggeddogga said:
Phuket Blue said:
Joga Bonito said:

Put there by his PR agency no doubt.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:58 am --<br /><br />
TGR said:
I've posted on this before...
Ade ia 100% adamant that he will not take a single penny less than his £180K a week for the FULL length of his contract regardless of what happens. If he trains with the kids - then fine if he's being paid £180K a week. If he doesn't play at all - fine, just pay me £180K a week please. Move to Spurs? Fine - just cut the deal so i get paid out the equivilant of £180K for the full term of my contract. I know the landlord of the house he rented when he was playing for us. He also paid cash out of his own money to have an indoor swimming pool fitted in the house! You couldn't make it up!
What people say and what people do are often very different. I have posted before the club should stand firm; he will blink first.

I will believe it when I see it. Spurs are a joke of a club, badabayor was easily their best player last season and they cant even tie down his transfer at a giveaway price.

They have a wage structure fair enough but its a giveaway price, they whole idea with that stupid low price is they give him a signing on fee to sort that out.

Levy is a muppet. Part of me hopes it falls through, badabayor spends the season training with the reserves and spurs go into the season with only one injury prone not very good forward.

Sky sources say it so it must be true!

Sky Sports understands Tottenham are close to finally agreeing a deal to sign Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City.

Spurs have been chasing Adebayor all summer after he impressed at White Hart Lane during a loan spell last season.

Adebayor impressed with 17 Premier League goals last term and City have been willing to offload the Togo international.

A deal between both clubs was agreed last month, but the move is thought to have stalled over personal terms.

However, it is understood a compromise has now been reached to pave the way for Adebayor to make the switch to north London.

Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas has admitted he is looking to add another striker to his squad and it appears Adebayor will now fill that void.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.