Adebayor (Merged)

AntonDonJuan said:
bizzbo said:
we didn't 'buy him'.

you can't buy a human being

we paid for his uefa registration
Same thing, stop being pedantic because you can't think of anything else to say

it's not the same thing at all!

city own you and me because they are our lives. it's the kind of bond that can't be brought or sold.

you are confusing that with a simple contract of employment.

we don't own the right to every breath he takes, we don't own the right to his heart, we don't own a single hair on his body. we expect him to fulfill his contract to the best of his ability. given what happened last week, it's not reasonable by any measure to expect him to fulfil his duties. it would be ridiculous to ask him to do so, hence he is on compassionate leave. it's doubly ridiculous to expect him to continue to represent the club in a way that a life long fan would.

moomba said:
jellert said:
I wonder how some people react here when he scores the winner against Everton on saturday....

I'd imagine that everyone here will be thrilled. I certainly will be, and I'll still think what he did was stupid.

Everybody makes mistakes in his life. Just forget it and go on.

The guy is a good lad and loves City and Arsenal... So what..

AntonDonJuan said:
bizzbo said:
yes, he's on compassionate leave. he's not expected to look after city in line with his contract, he's expected to look after himself, so he can return a fit and healthy person.

if that's a new one on you, then, so be it.
And wearing an Arsenal shirt will help him will it?

He's fucked up, and the PC brigade don't want to villify him because of what's gone on

it's not remotely to do with PC

it's basic grown up thinking about human beings

Get a grip you soft twats. So Ade wore a Arsenal top, So Cook had one of his David Brent moments and said Man United instead of City. Do you really think many of the people associated to our club are as passionate and loyal as the fans? of course they are'nt. People are entitled to make cock ups and I wish that some on here would stop reacting like fucking two year olds every time it happens. After all boys WE ARE FOURTH IN THE LEAGUE AND IN THE SEMIS OF A CUP! . So stop fucking whinging !

Benarbia said:
jellert said:
I wonder how some people react here when he scores the winner against Everton on saturday....

Somehow don't think he'll be playing
No the club will have been reading this thread and upon his return sack him on the spot for bringing the club into disrepute and therefore ensuring that harmony is returned to this site and world peace ensues.

bizzbo said:

it's not the same thing at all!

city own you and me because they are our lives. it's the kind of bond that can't be brought or sold.

you are confusing that with a simple contract of employment.

we don't own the right to every breath he takes, we don't own the right to his heart, we don't own a single hair on his body. we expect him to fulfill his contract to the best of his ability. given what happened last week, it's not reasonable by any measure to expect him to fulfil his duties. it would be ridiculous to ask him to do so, hence he is on compassionate leave. it's doubly ridiculous to expect him to continue to represent the club in a way that a life long fan would.
City don't own me, you can't buy a human being, remember?

His contract will have many, many, many more clauses than a regular one. And i'm 100% sure a clause will be in there about wearing club merchandise, and only our club merchandise. Just admit he fucked up, or are you scared it will be deemed politically incorrect?

blupoo said:
Benarbia said:
Somehow don't think he'll be playing
No the club will have been reading this thread and upon his return sack him on the spot for bringing the club into disrepute and therefore ensuring that harmony is returned to this site and world peace ensues.

Haha if they sack Ade then everybody is going to disrespect Man City because Ade was in a life treathening situation

If people think there is no method behind the madness of Ade wearing an Arsenal top they are very naive. To suggest that he had nothing to wear except an arsenal top is ridiculous, the only thing he had to avoid wearing out of any clothing, I mean any other piece of clothing was another teams jersey. Ade obviously misses Arsenal and on reflection now feels he never should have left them but we knew what we were getting and we only have ourselves to blame. Every Arsenal fan said to me we would regret buying him as he has a screw loose and only thinks of one person and thats Ade. In our Carling cup win over Arsenal it was embarrassing watching him going around hugging and kissing the Arsenal players even when the ball was in play, he doesn't give a shit about City.

I do feel for him and the experience he endured, but please lets stop this wishful thinking that the only stitch of clothing available to a player earning 140 k per week was an 1 tee shirt (do we think he had no Togo gear available to him either?, surely he should have worn his countries jersey as a mark of respect)

bizzbo said:
AntonDonJuan said:
And wearing an Arsenal shirt will help him will it?

He's fucked up, and the PC brigade don't want to villify him because of what's gone on

it's not remotely to do with PC

it's basic grown up thinking about human beings
I think, that he should have used his head inturn to think, that he shouldn't have an arsenal top on whilst doing an interview on world wide tv. Do you not think that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.